cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Upload speed gone into isolation....

An SVLAN change will only help with congestion further upstream from the cabinet. That's done at the exchange.

Your line syncing at such a low upstream is a problem between your modem and the local cabinet.

The upstream doesn't look capped by the DLM.

If it isn't your internal wiring causing it then only an OpenReach engineer will be able to resolve it.

It could be a neighbouring line using a rogue modem (not approved by OpenReach).

Some Asus modems allow the end user to disable UPBO (Upstream Power Back Off) which can cripple the upstream of neighbouring lines.

An engineer can try a different pair to see if that helps. Hopefully you can convince BT to send an engineer to try and rectify it.

Message 12 of 14

Not sure how to do that John, they dont seem to want to know at the moment.

I have gone ahead with my new 24 month plan, I think I will just have to cancel within 14 days if I cant get anywhere with this issue, as at the moment the connection is so poor that I do not think its worth the monthly fee

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Little update...

Last night, my Internet reset itself, low and behold i start getting tests results showing an upload speed of 5mbps....

Great right? Would be, but today, just now my net reset itself again, and now I'm getting results showing uploads of 3mbps, constant

What is going on with my line 😂

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Guys, what would be the best way too approach getting an engineer out? I have installed my new hub and this has also reset itself several times today and I'm now back to an upload speed of 1mbps 🙄

0 Ratings