Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david123443212000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 37

Re: Upload speed always WAY below Line Profile

hi,
im on infinity 1 with hh6. went live on the 8th.ive been told by customer service after running the usual router tests that i have to wait 10 days but i thought id ask for some advice.
ive a sync speed of 56103. but download speed never goes above 39Mbs. snr is 6.6/6.3. for a day it went up to 47Mbs but has dropped now to 39Mbs for several days.

is my profile capped? i was getting 38Mbs with plusnet. i also was hoping i would be upgraded to infinity 2 speeds as my sync speeds are higher than infinity 1 cap.

can anyone shed light on this?
(ive disconnected all telephone extentions and even unplugged the telephone today to see if that helps.)
0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 37

I moved tour post to start your own thread so replies relate to your post

can you post stats from your router  if hh6 then advance settings then technical log

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 37

Even if you were getting the full sync speed of 56Mbps it is only 4Mbps above the top speed of Infinity 1 so it would not be worth upgrading to Infinity 2. You would never notice any difference in the real world.

Can you plug your Smarthub into the test socket on the master socket and then carry out the following tests:-

Run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

As you have the Smart Hub, (Homehub 6) can you go to hub manager then advanced then technical log and post the stats. http://bthomehub.home/

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Test socket.jpg

Message 4 of 37

Hi @david123443212000 and thanks for posting.

I'm sure we'll be able to clear things up for you. Please post the information requested by @gg30340 and @imjolly and we'll look into it for you.

Cheers

David

XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 37

@gg30340 wrote:

Even if you were getting the full sync speed of 56Mbps it is only 4Mbps above the top speed of Infinity 1

Not strictly correct. It's only 1 Meg above top speed of Infinity 1, 55 Meg. We are taking connection speeds, not advertising regs.

Message 6 of 37

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

Even if you were getting the full sync speed of 56Mbps it is only 4Mbps above the top speed of Infinity 1

Not strictly correct. It's only 1 Meg above top speed of Infinity 1, 55 Meg. We are taking connection speeds, not advertising regs.

As the OP was talking about sync speed and download speed when he stated "ive a sync speed of 56103. but download speed never goes above 39Mbs.. I was pointing out to him that even if he was "getting the full sync speed of 56Mbps it is only 4Mbps above the top speed of Infinity 1 so it would not be worth upgrading to Infinity 2"  it is correct however I will conceded that I should have included the word "download" between the words "top" and "speed" for those who are unable to work that one out for themselves.

david123443212000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 37

i see my snr has gone up to 10/6.2 giving me slightly higher speeds this evening, 42Mbs ish

--------------------

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.
Product name:

BT Hub 6A
Serial number:

+084316+NQ73646665
Firmware version:

SG4B1000B316
Firmware updated:

09-Dec-2017
Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 5 Hours 56 Minutes 0 Seconds
Data rate:

10.00 Mbps / 46.09 Mbps
Maximum data rate:

15359 / 56441
Noise margin:

10 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation:

18.4 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI:

0/38
Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:

Fast Path
Data sent / received:

4154 MB Uploaded / 4573 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:

Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:

NETGEAR98low3
2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 1
5 GHz wireless network name:

NETGEAR98low3-5
5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:

Mode 1
Firewall:

On
MAC address:

58:90:43:BA:0E:DB
Software variant:

-
Boot loader:

-------------------------

Untitled2.jpg

0 Ratings
david123443212000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 37

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 37

Have you connected to the test socket yet as requested?

david123443212000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 37

here is the info you requested, i hope this helps, the wholesale speed checker is way below what im getting with osaka speed test (42Mbs)

i have listened to my line using the engineers test number and it is quiet.

i cant use the test port as i only have a rj11 to rj11 modem cable supplied with the hh6 router.

but i am using the latest nt5c mk2 and vdsl filter mk4.

thanks in advance 🙂

0 Ratings