cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david123443212000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 37

Re: Upload speed always WAY below Line Profile

how do i know from hh6 advanced info if g.inp is enabled or not please?

0 Ratings
david123443212000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 37

boo hoo. my sync speed is now down to 47 thousand down from 57. osaka speed test 43Mbs same as before. tried turning off router last night for 30 mins but no joy.

i made my own rj45 to rj11 cable (with lines crossed over same as bt cable). but did not seem to make any difference.

can someone in the know tell me am i allowed to use this cable with the hh6. i don't want to be breaking any of my terms and conditions.
ill go back to the bt supplied cable until i hear an ok on this.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 37

You can use any cable you want. You can even use any VDSL Modem/router you want.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 37

turning router off/on is unlikely to help your conenction and may actually make it worse

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
david123443212000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 37

i was told off on another bt thread for suggesting using a non bt router to up my speeds. its in the bt small print. only bt supplied equipment

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 36 of 37

The T&Cs simply state that a third party modem/router must be compatible with the BT system.  Meaning it should be on the list of devices that have passed the MCT (Modem Compliance Test).   A short list of compliant devices here, scroll down the page to get the list.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/11/calling-clarity-openreachs-broadband-modem-conformance...

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 37 of 37

@david123443212000 wrote:

i was told off on another bt thread for suggesting using a non bt router to up my speeds. its in the bt small print. only bt supplied equipment

Could you link to the thread where that happened? BT have no problem with use of a 3rd party router, just remember to reconnect your hub if you have to call support with an issue as otherwise they would be unable to help you.

EDIT: Found the thread myself, you were not told off just advised to use an Openreach approved unit.

0 Ratings