Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 72

Re: Upload speed slow to non existent here are the results

Hi, I am also regularly having upload speed disappeering to zero on my Infinity 80/20 service:

Upload zero.jpg

It seems to cause multiple devices to drop connection often with great difficulty reconnecting.

Web pages can just sit there trying to load.

Can you help please

0 Ratings
71 REPLIES 71
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 72

Please post your full Router Stats. For a Home Hub see on here: Broadband Top Tips . Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 72

Hi Xray, how do i put the log on here please?

0 Ratings
AF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 72

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics. Product name: BT Hub 6A Serial number: +084316+NQ70178082 Firmware version: SG4B1000B316 Firmware updated: 30-Jul-2017 Board version: 1.0 Gui version: 1.64.0 DSL uptime: 0 Days, 4 Hours 41 Minutes 55 Seconds Data rate: 20.00 Mbps / 80.00 Mbps Maximum data rate: 30266 / 88612 Noise margin: 15.6 dB / 7.3 dB Line attenuation: 9.9 dB Signal attenuation: VPI / VCI: 0/38 Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B Latency type: Fast Path Data sent / received: 170 MB Uploaded / 2930 MB Downloaded Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com BT Wi-fi: Active 2.4 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-8HPZ 2.4 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 11) 5 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-8HPZ-5 5 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 36) Wireless security: WPA2 (Recommended) Wireless mode: Mode 1 Firewall: On MAC address: A4:08:F5:7A:D2:ED Software variant: - Boot loader: 7.33.1
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 72

Copy & paste would be simplest or upload an image by using graph-like button above.

Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 72

There's no reason for your Up speedtest to be 0. You are connecting at 20 Meg.

Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 72

I cannot see upload speed in the log - are you looking at Max Data Rate?

Copy paste not working for speedtest.

Saved and uploaded instead.

Result very similar though:

Upload Ethernet 19-12.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 72

Just above Max Data Rate is Data rate. That's your sync speeds.

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 72

@AF1 wrote:

I cannot see upload speed in the log - are you looking at Max Data Rate?

No, I'm talking about the actual Data rate (20/80 Meg). The other is a theoretical figure for if your line wasn't capped to 20/80 Meg, the limit of Infinity 2.

Sorry, I requested you try a diff speedtest, http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html & just post a link, not its image.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 72

Upload Ethernet  Think19-12.JPG

Couldn't link.

0 Ratings