cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kkorkky
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: email from BT offering free Broadband Speed Boost.

My BT Broadband gift of 52 to 76Mbits was enabled last Friday. Prior to the Gift I could attain close to Max speed at about 48Mbits. Now after the Upgrade my  top download from the Internet is now 36.3Mbit. It would appear my profile has been reduced to 36.3 and there is nothing that can be performed remotely to reset my profile. It requires an engineer to the exchange and a possible vistit to the Customer Premise. Now as we both work there is no one at home during the day. With  no one at home its its not possible to arrange an engineer to the Exchange. 

Before I engaged the support services of the remote help in India I could still attain more than 36.3 but no where close to the "suggested" 76Mb. It appears all the automated tests  and tests initiated by BT have resulted in a lower speed than I actually reported.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

if best you could get before was 48mb then it is unlikely that the free speed boost will increase your speed as you could not reach infinity 1 max before boost.  it should not however resulted in a drop in connection speed  can you post the stats from your router please

DLM reset requires an engineer visit to fix a fault and then engineer can request DLM reset.  the service dept cannot get DLM reset - numerous posts on forum about this already

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kkorkky
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

ImJolly

Im not a regular attendee on these forums and missed your reply .  Whilst your reply does make sense to my It does not explain why I have gone done to 36.3 Mbits download to me.  Plus the confirmation that the Line profile matches this speed. I havent gone back to BT yet as I have no oppertunity of taking a day off work or working from home for a day. Its an inconveinence at the moment which I can live with for a while whilst I work out  how to be at home when a BT / Openreach engineer is arranged.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

to start you need to post the stats from your router and enter your phone number here http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome  and post results   be able to help more then

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings