cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheGreyStrummer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Re-joining BT .... sadly, one of the biggest regrets of my life!!

Go to solution

At the beginning of October 2015, and seeking to obtain a faster broadband supply, my wife and I decided to apply for the arrangement and installation of the “BT Infinity 2 + Calls” service option (not exactly their cheapest service) …. little could I imagine then, how this was to develop into one of the biggest regrets, and most unpleasant and traumatic experiences of my 59 years on planet earth.

My initial application was acknowledged by BT via Email on 18/11/2015, and it confirmed the following arrangements and information….

• Broadband equipment delivery on 29/10/2015.
  • Phone supply to commence on 2/11/2015.
  • Broadband service to commence on 2/11/2015.

Since receiving this confirmation, I have created a log of the events that occurred, or changes that were acknowledged/announced via SMS or phone contact, over the forthcoming days ….

• 2/11/2015 – Existing “TalkTalk” landline and broadband terminated by mid-day, and as arranged by BT.
  • 2/11/2015 – Neither the BT landline or the broadband activated by the estimated/expected time of mid-night.
  • 3/11/2015 – I contacted BT (as advised within BT installation manual), in an effort to establish why my service had not been activated as expected. I was informed by the BT call centre representative that the connection had been cancelled, but he was unable to explain by who, or for what reason. I enquired why I had not been afforded the courtesy of being contacted, and informed of this decision. I also raised the question why the disconnection from my “TalkTalk” service had not been cancelled as a result? Later that day, BT established/connected a temporary landline to my home, although I have applied to retain my original contact number.

• 04/11/2015 – Supplied new order number: VOLO12-************ (This was cancelled almost immediately)
  • 05/11/2015 – Supplied new order number: VOLO12-************ (Cancelled within days).
  • 11/11/2015 – Supplied new order number: VOLO12-************ (Cancelled within hours).
  • 13/11/2015 – Supplied new order number: VOLO12- ************ (Cancelled within hours).
  • 13/11/2015 – Supplied new order number: VOLO12- ************ (Cancelled same day).
  • 16/11/2015 – Supplied new order number: VOLO12- ************(Cancelled within hours).
  • 17/11/2015 – Supplied new order number: VOLO12- ************ (Cancelled on 26/11/2015).

Following the release of this latest order number, I discussed my situation on the evening of 17/11/2015, with a gentleman claiming to be a “Product/Account Manager”, and gave his name as S******. He assured me that he was now taking ownership of the problem, and would “fast track” the connection, he also provided a SMS acknowledgment of his intervention, allowing me to contact him by return SMS if and when required. He explained that I would be contacted by a member of his team on 19/11/2015 to brief me on any progress with the installation arrangements.

• 19/11/2015 – Contacted by a member of the BT team. She announced no progress to report, and agreed to contact me again on 20/11/2015 before 08:00 PM, to update me on arrangements.
  • 20/11/2015 – Progress call never arrived by 08:00 PM as promised. I therefore took advantage of the SMS address supplied by S*****, and contacted him to announce the non-arrival of the promised progress report. He later sent me a text announcing that he would contact me with progress on 23/11/2015. He requested that should I not hear from him as agreed, I was to text him to remind him (which did not exactly fill me with confidence …. However much he was trying to alleviate the situation).
  • 23/11/2015 – Received SMS message from BT, they announced that my service would commence on 24/11/2015 (before mid-night). I was contacted later the same day, and within hours, claiming that this was now cancelled, and I would receive further information on 26/11/2015.

No information was forthcoming on 26/11/2015 therefore I contacted THEM. After much deliberation, I was informed via SMS that there is a possibility that I will be connected on 3/12/2015 …… the ink was not even dry on that message when I received another (with yet another new order number) saying this will now be on 4/12/2015. That is my experience to the current date.....

Never in my life have I experienced so much difficulty in establishing a telephone service. I could not imagine that one company could employ so many incompetent personnel.

The whole experience has impacted on my health, both physically regarding my appetite etc, and mentally as a result of unnecessary stress. Re-joining BT after approximately 8 years has definitely been the biggest regret of my life …. And I still am not yet even connected!!!

What an utter debacle!!!!! If I am getting their "FAST TRACK" attention, God help the people who are receiving their standard service.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow .... Learn as if you were to live forever. (Mahatma Gandhi.....)
0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: Re-joining BT .... sadly, one of the biggest regrets of my life!!

Go to solution
Forum moderators help requested
TheGreyStrummer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for directing my plight to the attention of the Moderators...

To add insult to injury, I just logged on to "My BT" to discover that the latest order number released just yesterday has also been cancelled!!

The words "Fred",  "Karno" and "Army" come to mind!!!

Live as if you were to die tomorrow .... Learn as if you were to live forever. (Mahatma Gandhi.....)
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Hi TheGreyStrummer,

Welcome to the forum.  It is very disappointing to see the multitude of problems you have experienced with BT in trying to obtain our service, I don't blame you for feeling regret in placing an order but I would like to turn your experience around and help sort this problem our for once and for all.  I am sure the fact you have been given no explanation as to what the problem has been with all the orders has only compounded your experience.

Could you please drop me an email with your details.  If you could please include your address, any one of the order numbers you have been supplied with and a good contact number then we will have enough to find our what is going on.

Click on my username (SeanD) and you will find our contact link under the 'About me' section of my profile.  Once we receive your email it will be owned by one person until every aspect of your complaint is resolved and your service are up and running.

Again I am very sorry that we have caused so much hassle.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
TheGreyStrummer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Thank-you "SeanD" for your prompt and efficient response, and thanks to "john46" for forwarding my dilema for your attention.

Your response is  a breath of fresh air ..... I seem to have achieved more in one hour from this one post, than 5-6 hours of frustrating and useless conversation with our friends at BT's Indian operations.

I have forwarded SeanD the requested information.

May I wish you the best of luck with your efforts to end my suffering.....

Phil (TheGreyStrummer).

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks Phil,

We will be in touch ASAP and I am pretty sure we will be able to sort this out and offer an explanation as to what went wrong.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
TheGreyStrummer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Thank-you Sean ... you're a diamond!!

I'll enjoy my Guinness on the sofa tonight.....

Take care, and enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Phil....Man Wink

0 Ratings
TheGreyStrummer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Hi everyone, just a quick update regarding my dilemma….

I was contacted as promised, on a Sunday, and within 24 hours of my initial post, by a gentleman from the Community Management Team called Robbie. He called me in the afternoon, apologised on behalf of BT for my inconvenience thus far, and assured me that he would pursue my connection problem from here to a solution.

He was away from work on Monday, but I received another arranged call from his colleague called Neil. He briefed me with regard to his plans and efforts for that day, and confirmed that Robbie would contact me again on Tuesday 1/12 to update me accordingly.

Again, and as promised, Robbie contacted me today, he informed me of his efforts, and outlined what had gone wrong up to now, and how he has discovered that the connection cancellations had not been given the correct attention/follow-up by the people involved at the Indian operations.

Robbie has assured me of another update in several days, and from my experience so far, I have no doubt he will keep this promise.

OK …. I am still not yet connected, but in the 72 hours or so since I posted details of my problem on the Community Forum, I have received more support and promised courtesy calls, than in the entire four weeks since this whole unpleasant and sordid debacle began.

It is so refreshing to receive updates from people who genuinely care, are based in the UK, and who are actively seeking to remedy my problem. Oh yes, and who don’t claim that THEY are unable to understand ME (as one of the Asian operators did during one of many conversations - Ha-Ha, that was a laugh!!).

If some rumours I have heard recently are true, the quicker BT return their operations back to the UK, the sooner they will recover some credibility with the general public and customers alike.

Thanks for your efforts so far guys …. I’m confident that you will not, based on my conversations with you so far, but please don’t let me down ... both my sanity and I are counting on you!!

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

yes, the UK BT team are a lot better than their counterparts in India - 2 years ago I was told by BT that they were bringing their call-centres back to the UK (this was one of the factors I stayed with BT) which still has not been done.

0 Ratings
TheGreyStrummer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

Fingers crossed my friend!!

0 Ratings