cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 40

Re profiling or Line Fault ?

I have been with Infinity 1 over a year now and my speed have been consistent of 9.5 Up and 38 down.

Recenlty I renewed my contract 3 week ago so I can get the abit more speed because my line is capable of 46Mbs. but will not be active untill my current contract expires.

lhjv.PNG

But last saturday somthing strange happened to my download speed when i droped connection and resycned early hours.

huge problem.PNG

So I restarted my router and everying was back to normal apart from every day I have been losing 3mbs for my max rate on my line. Around 11AM today it was at 6 SRN up and 4.5 SNR down and 29Mbs

As I was tryping this message my router disconnected and Resycned with a speed of asd.PNG

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 40

Re: Re profiling or Line Fault ?

I am not sure what is going on My line droped at 7AM this moring with a new lower download speed.

problem.PNG

But I know that if I restart my router that the speed will be back to 46Mbs but capped at 38Mbs so I am not sure what to do.

This is what the log looks like when it disconnectslj,hvg.PNG

The thing is I have had no problems in a very long time, the longes it has been active solid was 76 days and then it started droping ever 14 days. Now thing are going to hell 😞

I was going to restart my router but if it is DLM that going to cause more problems.

The Modem/Router combo is an TD W9980 TP Link

Advice Much Appriciated

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 40

well is been 2 hours and the max speed just up to 38Mbs this is with out Disconnect so there is somthing strange happening... 

fdg.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 40

you don't need a reset for max rate or noise margin to change whether up or down  will get a reset if the actual data rate changed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 40

@imjolly 

Yes I get what you are saying, MAX is to with with SNR and Current Rate is the cap on connection.

For example, Just been taken.

aaaaaaa.PNGbbbbbb.PNG

what has been happening is my connection dropped on Saturday and resynced \/

huge problem.PNG

So after Saturday the connection was OK apart from the SNR and Max data rate dropping by 3 Mbs a day. Yesterday the connection dropped at 12PM and the SNR resycned at \/

asd.PNG

I looked today and the connection dropped at 7AM with a new SNR and current rate the SNR was 5.8 at 1PM but around 3 PM it jumped to 7.8

problem.PNG

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 40

Ok I have not droped sync as of yet but the routers SNR dont seem to be look right

1AM

8 May 16

asdasdasd.PNG

11AM

8 May 16

wtf.PNG

fgh.PNG

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 40

I have disconnected again 😞 at 2PM Today. 

Connection lasted 3 days

sdfhg.PNG

0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 40

Do you have the latest firmware for your modem?

do you have another modem you could try?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 40

the drop in connection has not affected your connection speed as you still have 40mb.  is there any noise on quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 40

@gt94sss2 Yes the router is up to date. I only have a Hub 5 but I don't like because of the software restrictions.

@imjolly

Ok so I unplugged my wireless phone and plugged in a corded phone and did the test the line sounded clean, after the test I looked at my computer and it shows it disconnected again during the test because I left a Steam Call.

Connection only up 6 hours before disconnect again 😞

dc.PNG

ok.PNG

0 Ratings