cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 40

Re: Re profiling or Line Fault ?

So do you think you connection drops when you make a call?  When you receive a call? Or both?  If it does sounds like high resistance fault and you need to report phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 40

@imjolly

I am not sure, It if it was to do with phone would it have been doing it more often because the phone rings and gets used around 5-15 pre day Incoming + Outgoing ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 40

If it was high resistance fault I would expect drop more often than not when you receive a call

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 40

@MatthewG- wrote:

@gt94sss2 Yes the router is up to date. I only have a Hub 5 but I don't like because of the software restrictions.

can you try the Home Hub?

While the T-link might work on an Openreach line I am pretty sure it has never passes the Openreach testing labs.

Openreach have made some changes to their network recently - especially on ECI cabs - and that has affected how well some unapproved modems work with FTTC.

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 40

@gt94sss2

Yes I might give the hub 5 when it disconnects again, I was thinking is there any always to tell if my cab has g-inp enabled .

I know when I signed up for BT last year they supplied a hub 5a and the reason I bought a third party router was because of the user request disconnects every 24-48 hours
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 40

@MatthewG- wrote:
@gt94sss2

Yes I might give the hub 5 when it disconnects again, I was thinking is there any always to tell if my cab has g-inp enabled .

If it is an Huawei cab it will be, if ECI it won't be.

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 40

@liquorice
How do I tell what cabinet type I have?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 40

What exchange and cabinet number does it say here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

so we can check

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 19 of 40

@imjolly wrote:

If it was high resistance fault I would expect drop more often than not when you receive a call

One way to clear a minor high resistance fault is to ring the phone a couple of times. I'd lean towards it still being a high resistance fault that needs engineer intervention.

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 40

@liquorice Exchange is Rochdale, Cabinet Number 33

@pippincp

If it keeps dropping like before I will contact BT before my contract rolls over to another 12 month.
0 Ratings