cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gothiic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Re: slow infinity2 speed

Hi, I just like to say that I have been with BT for just two months. I have Infinity 2 package. When I was with Sky fibre Pro I was getting download speeds of 68Mb. Since bieng with BT it started out at 54Mb and now has dropped to a pathetic 48Mb.

When I contacted BT they originally told me I get speeds of inexcess of 65Mb. However, since I came to BT the minimum they now quote is a mean 50Mb.

How can Sky give me such a service that is excellent and BT give me such a bad one.

The excuses I have had had range from too much equipment attached to that is maximum you can get!!!!!

In actual fact. I have less equipment attached than when I was with Sky. I had 2 Sky boxes attached to the Hub as well as a Laptop and tablet.

BT has to be the worse provider in the UK

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

The stats for the Home Hub 6 can be found on the Information page from http://192.168.1.254 then Advanced Settings -> Technical Log. 

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

The network that Sky and BT use is identical.

The only difference is the router.

It's possible that a large number of users have taken up the service and you're now suffering from crosstalk.

Post up the hub stats when connected to the test socket.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Welcome to this user forum @Gothiic

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Also post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Gothiic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

hi thanks for your replies, here is the screen shot of the Hub.

BT hub 2.jpg

0 Ratings
Gothiic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

and here is the other screen shot

BT hub 1.jpg

0 Ratings
Gothiic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

BT have now said that my minimum guaranteed speed is 35Mb.

That's 33Mb less than I was getting with Sky Fibre Pro. I am paying a lot more for BT Infinity 2 and getting poor Infinity 1 speeds.

C'mon BT let me cancel my contract without penalties as your not suppling me the guaranteed speed you quoted me on sign up

0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 8 of 13

Try connecting to the test socket underneath your faceplate. This can squeeze a few extra MB out if the cables are causing interference
0 Ratings
Gothiic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Yea, I have had this excuse from BT. In fact, there are actually less users now. I have to face it, that BT is just awful.
0 Ratings
Gothiic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Ive done the test socket thing. Ive also had engineers here. All to no avail
0 Ratings