cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: slow infinity2 speed

post the stats from your router to compare to your year old stats  are you using test socket to eliminate your internal wiring?  did engineers you have had find any problems

the conenction with SKY and BT are the same as they both use openreach so copper cable from  cabinet to your home is the same regardless of ISP apart from virgin 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Gothiic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Hi there, It has to be the router, although I have had a replacement one, but that lasted less than a week and then refused to work. 

Ive tried the test socket, no difference. I have had several engineers here and it goes ok for two to three days then drops down again. 

I shall have to wait to go back to Sky and leave BT

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Hi @Gothiic,

If you have tried the test socket and the connection is still dropping, then it could be a line fault affecting the service.

If you post your router stats it will give us a good indication of how your connection is performing compared to last year.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings