cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phonic
Contributor
Message 51 of 87

Re: Read If you have Aluminium(even if length is 300m) and thinking of getting Infinity2

Go to solution

That's the same as what happened to me, I got 76mb, and 18mb up. Even saved the speedtest.net results.

I've even been logging the modem stats for the past months that clearly shows the slow decline in speed, and big drop after they said it's fixed. How on earth can you say you fixed something when it;s no better but worse? and then use the cop out:
"it's an up to service." The Engineer said they will not even look at your stats, and he was right... they only see what they want to see.

One interesting thing I pickup from an engineer is on FTTP, he was highly doubtful it will be available in all FTTC areas, as deployment would be a nightmare getting the fibre to the customer.  He sees it as business areas only. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 52 of 87

Re: Read If you have Aluminium(even if length is 300m) and thinking of getting Infinity2

Go to solution
but you claim to have double attenuation due to aluminum so how can you sync at 76/18 ?
you either have aluminum or you dont
0 Ratings
phonic
Contributor
Message 53 of 87

Go to solution

speedtester-test1.png

That is right. line length is 300m, but due to the Ali the modem and dslam show over double. verified by each engineer. I should get full speed 80m down and 20m up(not sync speed but throughput). 76 was my sync speed, but throughput was just over 72Mb.  I got a constant 2.12MB (16.96) uploading to our servers coloc in Manchester and London. I now get 1.2MB(9.6Mbit)max.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 54 of 87

Go to solution
bet he told you that off the record 🙂
0 Ratings
phonic
Contributor
Message 55 of 87

Go to solution

Here's another intesring stat using BT speedtester:

Just when you need the internet the most 9am -1pm, you get these amazing speeds, due to over 60,000crc a minute, and BT thinks it's fixed, and all is fine.... notice the IP Profile now even lower(even though I would be luck to get close to that these days)...

speedtester-bt-20-07-12-1057am.png

0 Ratings
phonic
Contributor
Message 56 of 87

Go to solution

@Bullitt wrote:
bet he told you that off the record 🙂

I got the impression they don't have the bottle to stand up, and force the issue...

0 Ratings
ptan
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 87

Go to solution

Hi Phonic

I wrote to BT at their London HQ in back in June raising concerns about cabinet provisioning and aluminiun in services. I asked what steps BT would take to address the issues. The letter would require someone to give me feedback as to what was going on.

That letter was ignored.

I wrote again this week on Monday stating I was displeased and enclosed a copy of the original letter.

Today I get home and the good old "offshore centre" left a message saying "Hello Mr.... we believe you have some issues with your Infinity service. Please call technical support on 0800 ...."

Alas I think we are all fighting a losing battle!

ptan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 58 of 87

Go to solution
you need to speak to openreach who own the lines not bt retail the isp
0 Ratings
ptan
Aspiring Expert
Message 59 of 87

Go to solution

@Bullitt wrote:
you need to speak to openreach who own the lines not bt retail the isp

Hi bullitt...

Unfortunately this is what Openreach says about that.

"People at home/work: Whatever anyone else says, we're definitely not the people to talk to if your phone line is out of order or crackly, your broadband service is down or running slowly, or if you want to cancel or re-arrange an engineering appointment."

As posted earlier in this thread, maybe the only way forward is for those affected in certain areas is to campaign together. It may be a long drawn out issue. Hopefully over time, it will be overcome.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 60 of 87

Go to solution
you need to campaign against openreach who own the lines not bt retail the isp
0 Ratings