cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Really annoyed customer

Can a moderator on here help me sort this out.

I have posted already about an engineer visit and problems afterwards. A BT engineer was suppsed to visit today to fix problems. I am using th etest socket after an engineer vsited on MOnday 18th June and changed the socket, this caused the fibre connection to drop and orange light every 5-6 minutes, but in test socket all is fine.

Called BT this morning they knew nothing about the visit today and are going to charge £130 to replace the socket which was change by them/Openreach, but they did confirm there is a fault on the network outside my property.

They have also said to complain to Openreach whcih is impossible as Openreach are wholsaele and dont deal with the public and you have to forward all complaints to your ISP.

Will I just put faceplate back and let service stop working and report fault, I dont know what to do to get this mess resolved.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Really annoyed customer

@Micker

just to clarify, if you replace the "front plate" of the Master Socket the connetion drops, but if you use the Test socket it's fine? 

Have you tried a Quiet Line test with a phone? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Told them will put faceplate back tonight and if servce goes down again Im doing nothing more with it until they fix it.

Apparantly they say thats not reason enough to send an engineer - that the test socket works and the faceplate doesnt will post back later when faceplate back on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

@Micker

Wow OK, well it clearly is enough of a reason. Hopefully this will be noticed by a Moderator or one of the Distinguished Sage's (who can flag it to them) and it can be looked into. 

In the meantime maybe have a read of their complaints process

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

was there a dial tone when you had the faceplate connected even though broadband did not work?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings