cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrFantasmic
Message 1 of 4

Really slow internet past weeks

Hi guys i have the Up to 72mb download package bt infinity. and lately its been running really slowly. lagging in games when i never use too. i mean im paying extortionate prices. i expect to have no lag and fast download speeds.

this was a second ago http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6045697353

it says my ping is 29ms but in game its more close to 300

any one else having this issue? ive tried reseting my router multiple times but its not happening. im using a wireless conection. dont have a wire long enough to reach the box but its never had issues before. i feel like im not getting what im paying for...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Really slow internet past weeks

You need to test with an Ethernet connection.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

also by doing multiple restarts of your router you risk causing the DLM to reduce your speed in an attempt to stabilise your connection
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 4 of 4

if your gaming using wireless you will have pings all over the place,you need wired,also i have pings of 29 but when on xboxlive its always 160 which is the norm with online gaming.if you are playing xbox  then you are not the only one with lag as xbox has been bad for the last few weeks.

0 Ratings