Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Really slow speeds

Hello,

Recently, my roommates got the internet sorted.  However, my speeds are really slow. We went for the 55 download speed and 10 upload speed packadge split between 4 people. I realised the internet speeds were really slow once I connected my pc via the ethernet cable. I am getting around 3 Mbps, on internet speed tests however this seems inconsistent. Also my ping when playing games sometimes goes to 800 whereas on the tests it displays it as around 15. Further, I tested the internet speed before anyone was up and using the internet from other devices and the speeds seemed fine, but once someone starts using the internet on other devices I start having these issues. Another thing to note is that, one of my roommates stated her internet speed being really slow, whils another said it was ok.

So, I just wanted to ask for help in fixing this.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Really slow speeds

the hub does not share out bandwidth equally so you are obviously suffering with 4 people using the fixed amount of bandwidth  your only real solution is to buy a 3rd party router like tplink 9970 for about £30/35 which enable the bandwidth to be allocated to specific devices that way everyone can get an alloted share

there is nothing BT can help you with that

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings