Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bikefright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Rebooted OR modem and (not surprisingly) IP profile reduced

Go to solution

As per the subject: I have rebooted the OR modem a number of times whilst shifting various things around in the office.

Profile used to be around the ~76Mbit mark, now profile is 66.74Mbit.

I have read two opposing methods to return the profile to it's previously higher band:

1) Switch the OR modem off and on again which will force a re-train (the HG612 is the active NTE)

2) Leave well alone and wait two weeks for OR DLM to "automagically" up the profile

Which approach to take please?

A follow up question - I have always assumed (probably incorrectly) that rebooting the OR modem is better than just switching the thing off at the wall.  Which is better to prevent the profile being reduced unecessarily?

Cheers,

Bikefright.

Screenshot 2017-02-23 13.55.56.png

Screenshot 2017-02-23 13.55.42.pngScreenshot 2017-02-23 13.55.25.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Rebooted OR modem and (not surprisingly) IP profile reduced

Go to solution

Leave well alone and DLM will do its thing, I doubt you will notice any difference anyway unless you are downloading huge (multi GB) files regularly. Switching off is better as it sends a dying gasp which in theory should prevent problems.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

A "number of restsrts" will cause DLM to kick in as it will detect it as a line error.

Leave alone and allow it to do it's job.

0 Ratings
bikefright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response folks.

Message received loud and clear on both fronts:  Power off is preferable to a reboot in future and leave it well alone now for at least two weeks for DLM to do it's thing.

ATB,

Bikefirght.

0 Ratings