cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Recent line fault fixed on 4/06/2020

Go to solution

Hello, I had an engineer visit recently to fix a noisy phone line which had obviously impacted my 80/20 FTTC service. The engineer had no access to anything internet wise as he was a line engineer the problem is my FTTC sync speed and profile are terribly lower than they should be, no DLM reset was done after the fault was fixed. Now to the question at hand; Is there any possible way I can get BT to get an engineer out to reset the DLM to hopefully remove any line banding caused by the previously fixed fault?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Recent line fault fixed on 4/06/2020

Go to solution

your post at end of last month were about moving your master socket. Did you get openreach to move the master or as I suggested a local telecom engineer 

post hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

The DLM will automatically start to increase the Sync Speed once it sees your line as stable. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry, I thought I did reply on that other thread, I have had a lot happening lately. I had to get an engineer out to fix a line fault, I have not looked into the a the master socket move as of yet, as shortly after that post I had a line issue which has been sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks, I'll just keep on checking it to see if it improves. I'm not using the BT hub at the moment these stats come from my TP-link VR2100 router, prior to the fault I had a sync of 19999 upload and 79999 download on a SNR of 6 hence why I'm assume it's a DLM banding issue. The low uptime is because I reset the router earlier as I needed to move it.Stats.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Then as @Starwire  posted just maintain a stable connection and DLM should automatically release banding. Could take a few weeks though

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Ok, thank you guys. I was just curious about if there was anything else that could be done other than waiting as this has never really happened before.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Why's your uptime only 4 hours?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I had to move the router and had to temporarily turn it off to do so, that's why it was only 4 hours at the time of the picture upload. It'll be left on pretty much constantly now so I'll be able to see if DLM will actually work its magic.

0 Ratings