cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epona222
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Recently getting very low speeds on Infinity 2

Something is going horribly wrong with my internet.  I have Infinity 2, and *should* be getting download speeds (given that it is FTTC) up to 60-70 mbps.  I am currently getting 12 mbps, random internet disconnects for several minutes several times a day, my ping for online gaming is horrible, and I often get disconnected and drop from the server of an online game if my husband is downloading anything (yes, I make sure to set downloads from Steam etc. so that they don't take up all the capacity), yet we're paying £140 a quarter supposedly to be able to do all of this.  I have achieved 50 mbps in the past when it was first installed (and I would be perfectly happy with that), so I know it is possible, but that is not happening now, and I want it to be fixed so that we are getting the sort of service that we are paying for.

It's been a while since I last had an issue (and there have been plenty of issues in the past) so can someone please remind me what info I need to post in order to get this rectified (although tbh there have been problems on and off with both telephone line quality and internet speed no matter what package we are on, despite engineers coming out to investigate it, for the entire 15 years I have lived here, so I don't hold out much hope.  I'm in East London, not a remote island somewhere, it shouldn't be this difficult to get good internet).

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recently getting very low speeds on Infinity 2

Hi,

Firstly post the stats from the home hub5 (if that's what you have) showing the connection rate, noise margins etc.

Once we've had a look at that we can give some advice on what to do next 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Epona222,

Please complete a BT Speed Test using a wired connection and post further results: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

Please post result from the BT Broadband Availability Checker and remember to delete out your phone number: http://dslchecker.bt.com

Please complete a quiet line test. Dial 17070 and select option 2. The line should be quiet.

Are you connected via a SSFP or via a microfilter in the test socket?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Epona222
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks, I'll do the speed test later.  Cannot do a quiet line test, am hearing impaired with major tinnitus so it's not possible.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Epona222 wrote:

Thanks, I'll do the speed test later.  Cannot do a quiet line test, am hearing impaired with major tinnitus so it's not possible.

Ok, do you have a friend or relative that may be able to complete it as it ideally needs to be done so we can see if there's any noise on the line.

0 Ratings