cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Red Fault Light following Power Cut

Go to solution

Following a power cut although my broadband connection has not been affected the red fault light has come on. Do I need to contact BT?

I was unable to get the image down to 333kb so please find imgur link below.

Fault Light (https://imgur.com/xDNt7lf)

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Red Fault Light following Power Cut

Go to solution

@JonFrost 

That is just the battery backup unit which means that the internal re-chargeable batteries have gone flat.

It should clear within 24 hours or less, as the batteries charge up again.

If its still red after a couple of days, then you will need to replace the rechargeable batteries inside. There is no need to report this to BT.

The battery backup unit is intended to provide power to the modem, so that any phone connected to the TEL socket, would keep working. As you have nothing plugged into that socket, the battery backup unit is not really needed.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Means the Batteries have had it and or the BBU is faulty.

I’m surprised you still have the FVA Service to be honest and haven’t been converted to VOiP.

You could report it as a fault but Replacement BBU’s are hard to come by these days as Openreach, as far as I’m aware have ceased the FVA Service and no longer supply the BBU. I know it can’t be Ordered via Stores anymore.

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@Starwire 

There is nothing showing connected to TEL1 or 2 on that picture.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Nope, but the TELE1 Light is on, which would indicate an Active FVA Service.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Starwire wrote:

Nope, but the TELE1 Light is on, which would indicate an Active FVA Service.

Perhaps @JonFrost  does not use the phone?

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

You are correct @Keith_Beddoe , I don't use the landline (and when I last renewed my contract had it excluded, to the best of my knowledge).

Thank you Keith and @Starwire for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi there, sorry to jump in on your chat but I have noticed the same light on my unit.  I don't have anything plugged into the TEL point so know that I can continue without worrying as my WIFI is still working, I was just wondering whether you ended up changing the batteries in your unit and if so what were they? Or do you still just have the red light on?

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I just took, "The battery backup unit is intended to provide power to the modem, so that any phone connected to the TEL socket, would keep working. As you have nothing plugged into that socket, the battery backup unit is not really needed." this to heart and left it be. Red light is still on. All fine.

0 Ratings