cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Reduced Broadband Speed after transfer from Plusnet

Go to solution

I moved from Plusnet to BT Fibre2 eleven days ago; Plusnet is of course part of BT and uses the same infrastructure.

With Plusnet I was getting a download/upload speed of 68mbps/18mbps but now with BT using the same infrastructure I am only getting 50mbps/9mbps.

The order confirmnation from BT stated "On average, customers on the same broadband package get a download speed of: 67Mbps". Quite so, that is what I was getting with Plusnet but not now with BT.

What is the reason for the degradation of speed? How can it be improved back to what it used to be?

Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Reduced Broadband Speed after transfer from Plusnet

Go to solution

the 67mb is exactly as it says and average not what you will get

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks. Here are the stats - hope they are the ones that you suggested

NDW_0-1593775357793.png

NDW_0-1593777144580.pngNDW_1-1593777238236.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

can you check MYBT as it looks like you are on Fibre 1 and not fibre 2 hence why speed is 55/10mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks again for your speedy reply. This is what it says on my BT:

NDW_1-1593778385255.png

So should I register a fault with BT? Also, could you please explain what is it that makes you think I am on Fibre1 rather than Fibre2?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I already explained  

your stats show connection speed of 55/10mb which is limit for fibre 1 whereas your speed would be higher nearer 70/18 if fibre 2

probably easier if I ask forum mods to help but they are busy so unlikely they will contact you until next week

you could try 150 but long queues

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

OK thanks. Please would you ask Forum Mods and I will wait until next week.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @NDW,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sorry to hear that your broadband speeds are slower than they should be. 

I think @imjolly is correct and you may have been put on an incorrect broadband profile by mistake. Sadly we are really busy at the moment and you will need to call 0800 800 150 so that they can place an order to correct the issue. Please explain to them that you think you have been placed on a "55/10 SLT and not an 80/20 SLT" and they will be able to place the order to have the issue corrected.

The wait time on our call queues is pretty much back to normal at the moment but if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Matt,

I have managed to get through to 150 and they say that I have been placed on 55/10 SLT because they are unable to select 80/20SLT for that particular phone number. However, having looked at the line they agree that it is capable of taking 80/20 and they don't understand why they cannot at the moment select 80/20. They think there may be something wrong at the exchange so they are going to refer the matter to Openreach and get back to me next week.

Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@NDW,

Keep us updated and if you are still having problems we can review again to see if we can help out. We are low on numbers this week and it wouldn't be fair to have customers waiting 5+ days for cases to be picked up if 150 can start the ball rolling.

Matt

0 Ratings