cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Reduced speed no notification from BT

Just had a look at MY BT (Halo 3 )and have noticed that my current package which was 26/31 download speed, now reads 20/23 with a stay fast speed of 19.I check my speed regularly and often reached 30 which I was very happy with.But now,I cannot get more than 20 and as I watch a lot  of 4k films on Prime/Disney they require a speed of at least 25.I always said I would never go to Virgin,but now I am having a serious rethink.Notification would have been appreciated to explain why the reduction and they have the nerve to increase the package by 9%.

Rant over

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reduced speed no notification from BT

Not sure how you think BT would know that your speed has reduced. This will not be a deliberate action, it will be either due to a fault or more likely crosstalk from other customers.

Can you post the connection stats from your hub, is there any noise on your line on a quiet line test 17070 option 2?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Licquorice,the figures I quoted are from their web site advertising the current upgrade packages with the new download speeds and the cost before the increase.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

These are just estimates whereas stats from your hub will show your true connection speed .  You will always get what your line can handle and estimates are just that - estimates.

Bearing in mind speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds not download speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @dennisp01,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if your Broadband speed has dropped.

The information @imjolly and @licquorice have posted is correct. The details shown on bt.com would be an estimate of what your line can support.

To get an understanding of how your connection is performing you would need to post your connection stats from your hub. 

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings