cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Regrade to Full Fibre 900

I recently regraded my broadband connection from around 250Mb to the 900Mb. The order completed on Friday (21st Aug), the MyBT page shows a min connection speed of 455Mb. However, using various line speed test tools - nothing has actually changed. The account has regraded, but the speed have not. Is this usual? Have rebooted the fibre modem etc.

Anyone any ideas?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Regrade to Full Fibre 900

@MrNetwork several customers have issues with Fibre900, let’s hope you’re not one of them.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Just-had-Fibre-900-installed-speeds-are-hovering-arou...

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Fibre-900-speeds-all-over-the-place/m-p/2085372#M3125...

Are you measuring the speed over Wi-fi or with a cable directly connected to the Smarthub (or are you using a 3rd party router)?

If not already let’s start by switching off the ONT for at least 5 mins and reboot the Smarthub.

If it’s a 3rd party router make sure it’s the latest firmware, you might also need a few factory resets.

Try testing with a cable (I’d recommend cat6 or above) connected directly to the router to the computer/laptop.

It’s not the best but try using fast.com, it’s the one FTTP team will want you to use.

Best of luck!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

@Forthay 

I know you were having issues weeks ago mate, Have you got your connection finally working stable with decent speeds now or not.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 4 of 10

@busterboy1  Fibre900 Connection is stable and speeds are now exceeding expectations 🚀 

Even better my UDM is back in play and feeding the Orbi mesh throughout the house.

Switching the ONT did the trick but....I’m not convinced the ONT was faulty.

My suspicion is something in the registration process was the key.

The only way to test my theory would be for Openreach to de-register an existing problematic one and re-register it as if it were a new service.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the update @Forthay 

Glad to hear its working well. 🙂

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 10

Thanks Forthay,

Using Speedtest, Fast.com and a few others to test the speed (including latency and upload which is actually of more interest to me).

All via a cabled connection, have tried switching off the ONT for 5 mins - did get a different IP address so the connection reset but I assume with the same speed profile.

Use my own router (Unifi UDM) which works well, but have upgraded that as well just to be sure (and to get IPv6 working - which it does now).

99.9% sure this is a Openreach - speed profile issue - it simply hasn't been updated on my account. As the upload / download figures our pretty much identical to before the account was regraded.

I'm unsure how to raise a fault as such - can't get through on the BT help lines and MyBT still doesn't think I even have BT broadband - despite having it for over 3 years! Have raised a compliant ticket - but no action taken on that one yet.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@MrNetwork if the suspicion is the profile you’d need to speak to the FTTP team.

What did you change your UDM for? IPV6 works on the UDM but you need to be on beta train. I’m using 1.7.2 and IPV6 works fine.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

FTTP team 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Upgraded over the weekend to Firmware 1.8 rc16, was on release code before so first time on a beta (or indeed rc) build. Also updated to 6.0.13 for the unifi network (os) which is also beta but a nice update - gives a dynamic view on download / upload figures. No problems with either of these releases yet!

Message 10 of 10

@MrNetwork  does IPV6 still work for you on 1.8.0? I've not even considered going to 6.0.13 for the unifi network (os) so you've given me something else to think about. I don't really stretch the UDM as it's really just for the router and UI.

I'm still at 1.7.2 as the 18.0 feedback put me off going any further.

I was also kind of hoping the UDM-SE would make an appearance soon.

0 Ratings