Message 11 of 18

Re: Regular HH5 Infinity 2 resets

Does that mean you get a prize?

0 Ratings
Just_Liz
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

I know you did sorry for not acknowledging you. I just don't think I'd reached that feeling of completely and utter despondency 5 days ago... as I do now ;/
0 Ratings
Just_Liz
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Well, not one drop out since I swapped Hubs. Is there something fundamentally wrong with the HH5, or should I just ask for my money back !?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

The old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" springs to mind here. I would keep the HH3 and separate modem. If you feel the need to change the HH3 it might be worth considering a 3rd part router rather than using BT Homehubs. There are plenty very good routers for either the same price as the HH5 or even cheaper.

I don't know if the HH5 is fundamentally faulty but have a read through the forum for various problems with it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
marion
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Mine came today, ive been on infinity nearly 3 years now, ive had about 10 resets in the past 5 hours, not good at all.

The firmware seems to be the old one, i read somebody had a new firmware recently.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 18

Why not try the modem and the hub5?

0 Ratings
Just_Liz
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

So just to give everyone an update on this. Hub 3 still working ok as far as connectivity goes. I had to send my HH5 back because they said it was faulty , but rather than try and send me a fixed one, they just gave me my money back.

I think they're trying to tell me something .. Asus here I come !
0 Ratings
david362552
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Had the line replaced last Thursday-so far only one reset on Sunday....fingers crossed!

0 Ratings