cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickyjohn73uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Regular disconnect each day

Hi. Desperate for some help please. Switched back to BT infinity from TalkTalk a few months ago. Only started having problems about a week ago when we (5 of us all with mobiles plus 2 xbox etc) started getting regular disconnects each day. Raised issue with BT did the basic checks etc they couldn't find anything. Finally spoke to someone helpful who could see the hub had reconnected about 26 times that day! Sent me out a new hub but that is now the same!!

Would really appreciate some help please. Some router stats -
Product name: BT Hub 6A
Serial number: +084319+NQ80953407
Firmware version: SG4B1000B540
Firmware updated: 11-Aug-2018
Board version: 1.0
Gui version: 1.64.0
DSL uptime: 0 Days, 8 Hours 12 Minutes 23 Seconds
Data rate: 20.00 Mbps / 80.00 Mbps
Maximum data rate: 33332 / 103553
Noise margin: 15.8 dB / 11.8 dB
Line attenuation: 8.8 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI: 0/38
Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type: Fast Path
Data sent / received: 102422 MB Uploaded / 106847 MB Downloaded

Also , the main status page shows (note it just went again a few minutes ago)....-
BT Broadband /
BT Infinity /
BT Infinity 3 and 4 :
BT Infinity
Firmware version: SG4B1000B540
Firmware updated: 11-Aug-2018
Serial number: +084319+NQ80953407
Downstream sync speed: 80.00 Mbps
Upstream sync speed: 20.00 Mbps
Network uptime: 0 Days, 0 Hours 4 Minutes
System uptime: 1 Days, 8 Hours 2 Minutes
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Regular disconnect each day

You appear to have a FTTP connection, is that correct?

If it is, there is not a lot forum members can do regarding your connection.

Is it happening with wired and wireless devices?

If it is only with wireless devices it could be that you have a wireless problem. Make sure that you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

and that some devices have a problem with the Homehub dual band having the same SSid (name). You should try splitting them.

See links

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

If none of that helps you need to contact the FTTP Team on 0800 587 4787 and report a fault.

0 Ratings
rickyjohn73uk
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Many thanks.

Although I'm pretty sure I don't have fibre to the property, stops at the Cab I believe.

I have the problem on wired and wireless .

Interestingly when the issue occurs even my connection to the router mgmt page is lost. Any other thoughts?
0 Ratings
rickyjohn73uk
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Ps why do your think I have fttp?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps your stability?

try quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 8

You obviously don't have FTTP as you can post the modem stats. With FTTP they would be held by the ONT.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

@rickyjohn73uk wrote:
Ps why do your think I have fttp?

Obviously my mistake. I was going by you stats Data rate: 20.00 Mbps / 80.00 Mbps.

0 Ratings
rickyjohn73uk
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I did use the test socket when I had the problem originally as advised by BT, but not with a filter. My socket has 2 sections, top and bottom. I unscrewed the bottom section, and put the cable with the flat/rectangle connector (that is attached to the telephone) directly into the sockrt on the wall. I left the cable with the small/sqaured connector (that is attached to the router) in the top half of the socket. Didn't make a difference, but not sure i did the right thing? The thing that what confusing is the BT advisor on the phone thought the bottom part of the socket should be the one with the broadband/router cable in it. But it was definitely the phone as the phone disconnected when I puked the bottom half of the socket away and until I plugged the cable back in to the socket directly

I have tried a quiet line test, but only have a cordless phone, so couldn't tell if the minor background noise was due to it being wireless. Not sure what sort of noise I was listening for?
0 Ratings