cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Banditducman
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Repeated broadband outages of circa 5 minutes - Occurs at least 5 or 6 times daily

Go to solution

I am suffering repeated broadband outages of circa 5 minutes, which occur at least 5 or 6 times daily. 

I notice this most during the working day, when I am repeatedly disconnected from conference calls, as well as in the evening when streaming music from internet services.

Most of my connections in the house are hard-wired ethernet (as my home-hub 5 wireless connection is too poor/unstable to be relied upon at all).

I have spoken to a number of local neighbours who say they also have similar issues, but none of them have been able to get their issues resolved.

I have wasted hours on chats with BT support, who seem obsessed with getting me to re-start my router and are convinced it is a wi-fi issue (even though I perdominently use ethernet connections), only to tell me they cannot see a fault. The fact that I cannot contact them when my broadband is actually down appears to be lost in translation..

Please can someone help?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Repeated broadband outages of circa 5 minutes - Occurs at least 5 or 6 times daily

Go to solution

Do you have a filtered faceplate at home?

What happens when you try a quiet line test?

17070 option 2 ....  you should hear nothing.

Banditducman
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Re: Repeated broadband outages of circa 5 minutes - Occurs at least 5 or 6 times daily

Go to solution

Hi, 

Many thanks for the response. I don't honestly know if my face-place is filtered. I have added a photo in case that enables you to tell.

Not sure if this is relevant info, but I only have 1 phone connected, via a filter (have tried multiple different filters).

I tried the quiet line test. There is some limited background hiss on the line, but I'm not sure if that is because we only have a wireless phone (no wired phone available to test with).

Thanks,

NickIMG_3089.jpg

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

That faceplate is not filtered. Can you not borrow a corded phone? A new one will cost less than £5 from Argos.

0 Ratings
Banditducman
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks. Will try to get hold of a corded phone ASAP.

0 Ratings
Banditducman
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Just managed to borrow a corded phne from a neighbour.  There is a feint hum on the line.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

There should be no noise at all. Report a line fault on 151.

Banditducman
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Many thanks. A fault was found on the line.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Get back to if you need any more help, or just to let us know how you get on.Smiley LOL

0 Ratings