Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JanM
Message 1 of 4

Replacing HH3 with ASUS RT-N56U - Nightmare

Go to solution

Hi All,

I've finally got Infinity  in my area and had my Broadband upgraded to Infinity. It works (ok.) with Home Hub 3 but i read so many good reviews for the ASUS RT-N56U on Google that i decided to order it from Amazon.

I've today received the ASUS RT-N56U but have been pulling my hair out trying to get it connected to my Home Infinity.

It just will not connect to the Internet. Gets stuck at "Redetecting your connnection status" and i keep getting "Detecting the Internet Connection type timed out. Do you want to try again?" Error.

(I also upgraded the Firmware to 3.0.0.4.xxx)

Finally, I called the BT Infinity helpline and guess what?....... The engineer on the line told me that the ASUS RT-N56U will NOT work with BT Home Infinity. It will only work with BT "BUSINESS" Infinity......

So, how on earth did everyone else connect the ASUS RT-N56U to their Infinity...do they all have BUSINESS Infinity?

I can't return the ASUS router back to Amazon because, in fairness, there is nothing technically wrong with it. I just didn't do my research properly

Please help....I'm going insane.

Jan

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Replacing HH3 with ASUS RT-N56U - Nightmare

Go to solution

First of, you could return it to Amazon under the distance selling regulations but why do that when it will work OK on Infinity.

What a load of rubbish the helpline gave you You do not need to have business Infinity.

When setting it up you will need to go into the management page of the router and enter the following info to set up your  router: user name and password is bthomehub@btbroadband.com the password is your own choice if prompted for one and it should be set to ppp0e.

How to do this will be in the instructions. Once done it should connect no problem.

JanM
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you gg30340......the key was when you said "password is your own choice"......

I've read in so many places that the username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password is <<blank>>

That is why my router couldn't synch. There HAS to be something in the Password field (Absolutely anything..) Just not <<blank>>.....

(What a load of rubbish from the BT Infinity helpline about 'Business' Infinity......)

In-fact, i'm replying to this post through my NEW ASUS RT-N56U router which is now fully connected.

Thank you so much gg30340 !! (I will definitely put some money in the "Help For Heroes" tin 🙂 )

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Glad to help and thanks for any donation to Help for Heroes.

0 Ratings