Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craigeh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Replacing HH3 with Billion 7800n

Hi,

We had BT Infinity (Option 2) installed just over a month ago. I had been using my Billion 7800n on both the ADSL (with BT Vision) service we had before and Inifinity, with it working fine on both.

However, now we have the extra channels on BT Vision, and they just dont work at all with the 7800n, we just get the "Connection to this channel has been lost" message. I've enabled the IGMP (both forwarding and snooping) with no success.

Even when using the BT HH3 we get the Mulitcast VMC011 error every few minutes, requiring us to "go up and down" a channel.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using the 7800n with the BT Vision Mulitcast Channels?

Cheers,

Craig

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Replacing HH3 with Billion 7800n

Does a DMZ option exsist on your Billion router? If it does, put it in the DMZ and see if that helps? I heard that BT Vision has something to do with Multicast?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Craigeh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

The DMZ option does exist, but still doesn't work.

The extra channels on BT Vision (including the HD ones) do use mulitcast, enabling the IGMP options should allow the router to establish the Multicast session - but it's not 😞

Craig

0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 4 of 4

from what i have read on these forums it seems that you need to keep using the home hub to have the multicasting channels working

0 Ratings