Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Request DLM reset

Hi,

I am on BT Infinity2 and currently banded at 67000000 bps

The banding has been there a number of years now.

I have replaced my modem/router combo a few times since, but the banding has never been removed. 

How should I proceed?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Request DLM reset

there isn't an FTTC band at 67mb

can you post your router stats please

at present only way out of banding is to get a broadband engineer visi and to fix a fault before they can request a DLM reset

ISP are allowed to request DLM resets in certain crieria but so far there is nothing to say that BT/mods are able to do that at present

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Sorry Mr Jolly, you are a little bit out of date:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/ability-reset-openreach-fttc-broadband-dlm-profiles-ar...

Can anyone else tell me how to proceed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

@spazicus

I am mnot out of date hence why I said ISP can request DLM reset under certain criteria but at present BT have not made that facility available and mods at present, i stress at present, cannot request the DLM reset

you are not in a banded profile anyway at 67mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

"you are not in a banded profile anyway at 67mb"

You should quit typing mate:

DS Actual Rate          : 67000000 bps   US Actual Rate       : 20000000 bps
   DS Attainable Rate      : 73855816 bps   US Attainable Rate   : 21547602 bps

OBVIOUSLY banded...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

not according to this  https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799

post full stats

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Please do me a favour and delete your above posts. The thread is getting full of the innacurate rubbish you are posting.

You are NOT helping.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 19

Thanks for your posts @imjolly. You are right when it comes to requesting DLM resets for FTTC at present.

Hi @spazicus,  if you believe you are being banded, and want it checked, please contact our help desk on 08001114567. Our agents will run through a few checks for you and if an engineer is needed they can discuss that with you. DLM resets for FTTC are supposed to be made available at some point but not yet.

Remember to keep it friendly.

Thanks

DanielS

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Hi DanielS. 

So BT Retail can't request a DLM reset like Plusnet currently can and are doing, without an engineer visit?

See: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,21116.0.html

Will this functionality be added any time soon for BT Retail?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 19

Not at this moment in time @spazicus. It's a different type of request for resetting the DLM. It's not as simple as it is for copper. Plus, they're trialling it with selected Customers only. It's not nationwide as of yet.

As soon as it's available I'll know as I'm one of the admins between BT Retail and BT Wholesale.

If you get speaking with one of our agents get them to check what profile you are on. They should be able to check.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings