cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Returning customer and my Ip profile set too low ?

i just switched to Bt from Plusnet ,i had the same super fibrepackage and i was on a stable 76Mb for 3+ years , as soon as the switch was done my profile on BT was set to  55Mb  with speed going as slow as 35MB download.. so i have some questions 

1: why was my profile set that low to the point where you barely deliver the minimum speed ( which is 50Mb )

2: why when going to the  online chat to ask for my profile to be set correctly the team all of sudden find a fault outside my house ( when i had no issue with my fibre for 3+ years prior to switch to BT )

3:can someone switch my profile to the correct speed and then monitor

4: do not come with the " we have to monitor your line for 14 days for the fibre to stabilize " we all know fibre does not need that and it is just a pathetic excuse for provider to get rid of the " 14 days cooling off coming with customer right " ( If your contract started less than 14 days ago - You're allowed a 'cooling off' period during which you can change your mind and cancel it. )

So i'm asking this to be sorted asap ,i want the max speed my line can handle ,which i know is around 76Mb since i have had that speed for 3+ years without any issues.

thank you

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Returning customer and my Ip profile set too low ?

this is a customer help customer forum sp posts are not going to BT

it sounds more like you are on the lower package with 55mb max and not the 80mb package which is bit more expensive

post stats from your router

you ip profile is based on your connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

I'm on superfast fibre2 unlimited 

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ71231791

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

10-Jul-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 21 Minutes 51 Seconds

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 57.08 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

22458 / 69061

Noise margin:

6.9 dB / 6.3 dB

Line attenuation:

15.6 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

94 MB Uploaded / 4467 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

A0:8E:78:18:B4:5B

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

actual speed test

Download Speed(Mbps): 40.08 Mbps

Upload Speed(Mbps) : 19.86 Mbps

Ping Latency(ms): 37 ms

advanced test -> test1.jpg
So i'm on the 80Mb package but setup as the 50Mb package ?

regards
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

no from your stats you are on superfast 2 up to 80mb with an attainable of 69mb and current conenction speed of 57mb

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

i know i can reach 76Mb i have been on that speed with Plusnet for 3+ years...

test2.jpg

0 Ratings
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Test on this sunday 02-09 @14.00

Sunday_02_09_14h.jpg

Test not conclusive and i was not able to du further test since i got a " The Tap1 test was not conclusive for your broadband connection" error afterward ,but i noticed they slightly raised my ip profile from 55 to 64..which is still not the " 67Mb average promise when i recontracted " i know from the past 3 years with plusnet that my line can handle a stable 76Mb ,so hopefully they will raise it to the max speed my line can handle .. still need thoses speed drop well under the mimimum  to be fixed .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

obviously if you speed has improved since you posted hub stats there has been a reset in your conenction giving an improved speed.  the 67mb quoted (as per OFCOM) is an average

as you are on Huawei cab then if you maintain conenction then G.INP should be activated by DLM in 10/14 days which should give you a bit more speed and a lower about 3db noise margin - just maintain conenction as this is automatic

0 Ratings
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

still way under what i was promised and what my line can handle  ,that is the reason i'm not happy , fake promises 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

what connection range did BT quote in the letter your received - speed quoted by BT are conenction speeds even though it mentions download speed  If you are within estimated range then unlikely BT will help

your speed should still improve if you can maintain a stable connection and G.INP is activated

the 67mb quoted (ofcom required) ia an average not what you will get - you may be higher or lower than the average

0 Ratings
Joanneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

everything was done online , no letter received whatsoever.

0 Ratings