cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vdudleycave
Beginner
943 Views
Message 11 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution

it Happens in the morning aswell so nothing to do with peak times I don’t undestand why 18months ago my speed was 20meg more,Xbox connected via Ethernet and 4K sports were all working surley as time passes technology should be better 

0 Ratings
Reply
vdudleycave
Beginner
938 Views
Message 12 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution
The Xbox works with a old hub5 so it definitely to do with the new smart hub
0 Ratings
Reply
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
937 Views
Message 13 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution

Until we can see the connection information from the home hub, its difficult to say.

 

When you get home can you also check if there is any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
935 Views
Message 14 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution

@vdudleycave wrote:
The Xbox works with a old hub5 so it definitely to do with the new smart hub

Then use the home hub 5 instead, there is nothing special about the home hub 6, in fact the restriction on wireless channel selection makes it worse.

 

0 Ratings
Reply
pippincp
Sage
920 Views
Message 15 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@vdudleycave wrote:
The Xbox works with a old hub5 so it definitely to do with the new smart hub

Then use the home hub 5 instead, there is nothing special about the home hub 6, in fact the restriction on wireless channel selection makes it worse.

 


I agree with @Keith_Beddoe or you can do even better and get a third party router. They start from £30 and will be far superior than ISP supplied rubbish.

0 Ratings
Reply
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
896 Views
Message 16 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@vdudleycave wrote:
The Xbox works with a old hub5 so it definitely to do with the new smart hub

Then use the home hub 5 instead, there is nothing special about the home hub 6, in fact the restriction on wireless channel selection makes it worse.

 


I agree with @Keith_Beddoe or you can do even better and get a third party router. They start from £30 and will be far superior than ISP supplied rubbish.


from personal experience the wireless coverage by the HH6 is better than that of the HH5



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reply
vdudleycave
Beginner
852 Views
Message 17 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution

993DE892-7018-453A-8001-0F2B704BBFBE.jpegHere  is my connection details from the hub hope this is what you need

0 Ratings
Reply
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
821 Views
Message 18 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution

You are connected at 47Mbs which is at the bottom end of range A.

 

Was there any noise on your phone call, when you did the quiet line test?

 

0 Ratings
Reply
vdudleycave
Beginner
800 Views
Message 19 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution
Not sure why I’m on the bottom line of range a i was getting 60meg plus over a year ago, just done line test there is a light cracking sort of noise
0 Ratings
Reply
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
796 Views
Message 20 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution

If you hear noise when doing quiet line test from test socket with filter then you need to report a phone fault not broadband to 151. Get rid of noise and broadband should improve



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reply