Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 42

Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution
Hi first post so be kind

Signed up to bt last month after a 18month stint on sky broadband and I’m having loads of issues with my broadband the speeds are 15meg slowing than 18 months ago,I’m getting between 35 and 43 meg I was getting closer to 60meg, watching 4K football lags every now and then and Xbox is lagging I am using WiFi for Xbox as I’m struggling to connect with Ethernet as the new smart hub dosnt seem to like Xbox wired connection any help appreciated
0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 42

Re: Returning customers after 18months not happy

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please can you provide the following.

Smart hub (HH6) connection information- you need to be connected to the home hub to see this info.

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Thanks

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 42

Go to solution

I have a screenshot of availability checker not sure how I attach it to this message, I’m not at home so I’ll have to provide smart hub details later today 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 42

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 42

Go to solution

6E80B079-2464-4AB8-94B9-672290BF1042.jpeg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 42

Go to solution

As you can see, you should get a connection speed of between 46.4 and 65.3Mbs. Download speed will always be less than that. Untill you can show the connection speed, there is not much this forum can do to help.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 42

Go to solution

I’ll post hub details when I get home I did do a Speedtest  last night and was getting 40meg, surley 40meg should be plenty to play Xbox and watch 4K sports without lag

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 42

Go to solution

@vdudleycave wrote:

I’ll post hub details when I get home I did do a Speedtest  last night and was getting 40meg, surley 40meg should be plenty to play Xbox and watch 4K sports without lag

thanks

If its only lagging when you are watching 4k, then its the 4k which is getting priority. Also a wireless connection will introduce a lag, so you really need to use an Ethernet connection. The Xbox will work that way.

Also see UHD channel eats all my bandwidth

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 42

Go to solution

4K lags on its own Xbox wasn’t on, for some reason Xbox won’t work with Ethernet only wireless I’ve tried port forwarding but that  didn’t work.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 42

Go to solution

The Xbox should connect to the home hub using Ethernet, other family members on BT Infinity, who use an Xbox, have it connected using Ethernet. Its nothing to do with port forwarding.

Perhaps your speed is dropping at peak times, do you think that is the case?

0 Ratings