cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Right to exit removed

After having really slow internet since the engineer was last out at my property and nothing has really improved. i was getting buffering last night and was unable to get any tech help as they go to bed at 10 pm.

I did the BT test routing and after it had final completed it said my internet was below my guaranteed speed and i needed to contact tech. Further reading down the paper trail i noticed that i can no longer exit my contract as i have not contacted BT??????? what's this all about?

Capture2.PNG

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Right to exit removed

That suggests to me that you currently cannot request to be released from contract using ‘poor performance’ as the reason , as they don’t have any ‘performance’ data on which to base any request.
Are you using the BT supplied router , I’m guessing that if someone uses their own router , BT don’t necessarily have performance data, so if a customer called and said , ‘ my service is below the guaranteed minimum and has been for ** days, so let me leave ‘, BT would only have the consumers word for it, no ‘evidence’ as such.....if it’s not a third party router , perhaps the usual info is for some reason missing.
I suppose the thing to ask is are you looking to use poor performance to get out of ETC’s, or just looking to get you service back upto normal.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

The service is not fit for purpose at night times, I get buffering whilst watching UHD/1080p films and I have been told that over the last few weeks my Bandwidth has been up and down constantly, this was told to be by a tech lady yesterday. She is unsure why I am getting the exit thing but has stated but i will be contacting retentions later today to inform them of my intent to leave if this problem is not sorted in the next 30 days as i am free to leave my contract after 30 days if they have not fixed my issues. There is a Openreach guy coming soon to do all his necessary checks, but like the other 3 times he has come nothing substantial will happen and it will soon slow down again after a few days.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

if you want some assistance from the forum can you post some information

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Well if you have a minimum service guarantee and that’s not being delivered it’s you ‘right’ to leave penalty free ( if after whatever time scale apply the issue isn’t resolved ) ...frankly if OR are visiting it’s not going to achieve much if you sync speed is what you were advised you would get ( and that is enough for UHD ) , if it’s an over utilisation issue and only occurs at busy periods , the OR guy cannot solve that.

Message 6 of 24

I get at off peak times around 58-60. then at peak times its a lot worse. I use stock equipment given to me from BT. the router is only a few months old as they replaced the other one thinking it was a router issue, well it wasn't. My Guaranteed speed is 65 and I am not getting this

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

the minimum handback speed is connection speed not download speed and from what you have posted your connection speed is within expected range

It may be there is congestion on your connection so posting the btspeedtester results when speed poor probably at peak times will help

hub stats will also help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

Your guaranteed speed is sync speed to the hub. Your speed test results show throughput which is different as it doesn't include overheads.

Post your hub stats as requested by @imjolly 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

again that is download speed and looks ok  

hub stats?

dslchecker results?

0 Ratings