Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Right to exit removed

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

The download speed isn't ok if my amazon/Netflix viewing as it is constantly buffering at peak times. I pay for a service that was originally fine, but now even during the day has its up and down times. with no one at home apart from me who is on quarantine

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

connection time is only 2 days is that due to hub dropping connection or manual reset?

with a 65mb connection you should not have problems with downloading   are you using ethernet or wifi?  if wifi then try ethernet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

I have not touched or reset the router in months (probably last time was when I got the new hub)

I use a wired connection straight into the back of the router

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Have you done the quiet line test?  If so was there any line noise?

can you post results from the dslchecker by entering your phone number 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

I don't have a phone, don't need one

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

@MickeyETC wrote:

I don't have a phone, don't need one

If the phone line is noisy or has a high resistance connection, then that will affect your broadband. It will result in errors which will slow your download speed and cause disconnections.

The lack of any current flowing through the wires due to the lack of a phone providing an occasional loop, causes oxidisation at any joints which causes the line resistance to increase. This does not show up on a normal line test.

There are quite a few people that do not plug a house phone in to check dial tone every so often. This can cause issues with broadband. Also, if one wire has become disconnected (quite common), then that will cause no broadband,  constant disconnections, or a very low speed.

The solution is to get hold of a cheap (less than £10) wired phone, and plug it into the phone socket to see if you get dial tone.

Then dial 17070 (free call)  and select option 2, quiet line test, and see if there is any noise on the line.

If you do not get dial tone, or there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as either no dial tone, or a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

Message 19 of 24

On the couple of times the open reach guy has attended my property he has tested the line and all is fine according to his equipment

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

@MickeyETC wrote:

On the couple of times the open reach guy has attended my property he has tested the line and all is fine according to his equipment

The problem often cannot be detected with the tester they use. A cheap wired phone is the easiest way, especially at the times that things do slow down, as you can then see if the slowdown is being caused by noise on the line, which can even be caused by something electrical in the house.

Even incoming calls can cause problems, even if you do not have a phone plugged it, however it would allow you to find out whether it is incoming calls which are causing your problems.

A basic cheap wired phone is essential in an emergency, as you can dial 999, even if there is a power cut. You do not need to leave it plugged in, if you are worried about being bothered with scam callers.