cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Right to exit removed

Go to solution

In June this year i had a dlm reset and since upto 2 weeks ago everything was running great, then i noticed the upload speed had dropped on the router status page to 800kbs, download speed was listed at 60mbs but i was never reaching this, speed test would come back at an average of 35mbs down and 700kbs up.  So i switched routers, from a TD-W9970 to a BT hub 6a which was sent to me in june with a new contract.

I have checked all internal wiring and everything seems to be fine, i have removed the faceplate and i'm in the test socket currently(with a filter), speeds are continuing to degrade, i am currently on about 25mb down and 700kbs up, i raised a fault 2 days ago with the automated diagnostic on my bt:-

btfault.png

No one has tried to contact me, my preferred method of contact is email, i have checked my personal and bt email, nothing, i have my mobile number listed, no calls from bt.

I have done a quiet line test, it seems fine but i am using a cordless phone.

My hub:-

hub_stats.png

Exchange info:-

adsl_stats.png

I have noticed there have been a lot of sub contractor around lately upgrading the FTTC/P infrastructure, i'm thinking someone may have disturbed my line in the process, I am hoping someone could help me out, you people were amazing with my dlm reset in june.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Right to exit removed

Go to solution

Similar message on another post? https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Right-to-exit-removed/td-p/2098560

Must be something that has been recently added.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Similar yes, but i still have a problem, i don't want to leave BT, the service is great when it's working, i should have chosen a better subject.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

your down connection speed looks good at 60mb and well within expected range but up speed is terrible.  as quiet line test ok and already connected to test socket I cannot see what more you can do    you need to phone 150 and get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, it states 60mb, but:

speedtest1.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Your upload definitely look wrong at 0.8Mb when the attainable is 15Mb+, , if you are in the test port and possibly using a different filter, then really all you can do ( if the fault is open ) is wait, or contact and ask what the progress is, what was discussed when you reported the problem ?
As you seem to know, testing using a cordless phone isn’t preferable as generally they are designed to remove ‘noise’, and a very low ‘hum’ is quite common.
The statement ‘right to exist removed’ presumably is some sort of ‘timer’, if you report a fault you cannot leave immediately because of it , after all you haven’t given your provider a chance to resolve the issue, after whatever the period is (1 month ?) if the issue hasn’t been resolved, perhaps the statement changes to ‘right to exit exists’ , and you simply switch to someone else if that’s your choice

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for all the info and replies, i'll wait till next week and see if anything comes from the diagnostics from bt, thank you all. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Just a quick update and close this thread, the diagnostics worked a charm, overnight speeds have improved.

90307dd5dc430da9ee9a97403dbea0b6.png

Thanks all who helped!