cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Routed to the wrong cabinet so not able to order Superfast

hi all. has anyone else experienced a similar issue. We had a new cabinet installed in our village that went live in October however all the records show we are still routed to the old cabinet so cant order superfast with any privider.  No one will take ownership for the issue so i am really stuck. others in the village are happily enjoying superfast and we are still on 2.5mbps with the new cabinet sharing 48-50mbps. I am looking for advice on how to get the connection for our property to be routed to the correct cabinet 

Andy

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Routed to the wrong cabinet so not able to order Superfast

Are you a BT BROADBAND customer on adsl ?

openreach will not change cabinets just to improve your briadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Yes a BT broadband customer. The new cabinet has been put in our village specifically as we are routed to a cabinet 3 miles away. Openreach are clear their is capacity in the cabinet as its new. Openreach say we are routed to that cabinet and BT say we are routed to the one further away. All my checks show the one further away, hence i cant order superfast
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The data base for what cabinet you are on is maintained by Openreach so if you have been moved to the new cabinet it is up to Openreach to update the data base to reflect that. Until that is done all ISPs will only have access to the database that shows you on the "old" cabinet.