cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Router/Modem

Recently upgraded from full fibre 500 to 900

I’m wanting the full benefits from the upgrade Wifi6 etc as all of my stuff is connected over wifi which I know wifi6 is not possible with the SmartHub2

Anyone recommend a budget router/modem that’s Wi-Fi 6 that’s easy to set up? i:e just unplug the smarthub and plug in the new router? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Router/Modem

Bear in mind that if you have Digital Voice and use landline then you need to use SH2 connected to ONT.  you can get 3rd party router and connect that to SH2 for wifi6

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I’m not very tech savvy but from my understanding plugging a 3rd party router into the smart hub requires the Smart hub being put into ‘Modem’ mode. 
I was looking at the Tp Link AX1500 but I can’t work out if this can be plugged straight into the Smart Hub2 and It will work. 
I do have BT digital voice but happy to sacrifice that for a wifi6 router. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Any third party router would connect directly to the ONT, but you lose your phone service.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

So the tplink AX1500 will plug straight into the ONT and work? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

the tplink appears to have a WAN port so you could connect that direct to the ONT and miss out the sH2  just you no longer have access to DV and landline calls

you just follow smart setup and enter username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password if needed BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

Thanks. 

0 Ratings