cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Router disconnecting from Broadband everyday/every other day at a certain time.

Hello Everyone.

I've been having a issue in which my Broadband is disconnecting very briefly (30 seconds max) nearly everyday at around about the same time (it could vary 30-45 minutes). The problem has been going on for around 3 weeks now and i am pretty stumped as to what to do next, I have already factory reset the Router (a HH6) and performed a quiet line test. Which to me seemed fine, I also checked to see if any electrical devices or the central heating are turning off or on at around that time. As i had read in other forum posts that sounded similar to mine that this could be a cause, lastly i got in contact with BT and explained the problem. The agent first performed a line check which came up as no issues and then changing my Wifi channel, on a side note all devices on the network are affected by this issue ones connected by Wifi and ones directly wired into the router by Ethernet cable. But i guess you never know, Lastly i asked the agent if there was anything else they could think that would be a cause and they brought up the issue of electrical interference from not only my home but neighbours too. 

So apart from speaking to my neighbours and asking if there heating or anything electrical comes on at that time as i previously said i'm pretty stumped, So hopefully one of you fine people from the forums can give me a answer or at least nudge me in the right direction 😊 Lastly i'll stick down a couple lines of text i always seem to see in the Technical log after a disconnect.

:The WAN DHCPv6 Client Process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36

:TRR69 connectivity to (pbthdm.bt.mo) has been closed

I can provide screenshots of these if you need. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Router disconnecting from Broadband everyday/every other day at a certain time.

Hi @Matt13 the problem is caused by many things -

1. Faulty hub/phone. 

2. Internel wiring/socket filter faulty. 

3. Any device connected to hub via ethernet cable . 

4. Outside of your property. 

I suggest initially if you can open the master socket and connect your hub to the test port and leave it for a day or 2 see how it goes. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Re: Router disconnecting from Broadband everyday/every other day at a certain time.

Hi mgylsk thanks for the reply, i have a dual port master socket that does not have a test socket so unfortunately i cannot do that. In regards to the other options i will look into those further. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @Matt13 which type iof dual socket. Is it master socket 5c? If yes there's a test socket inside

71tsYk7XKcL._AC_SX679_.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi,
Just went and checked and yes i do have a 5c master socket, however when i brought this up to BT they gave me the impression this socket does not have a test socket. I did take the front cover off and i could see that a filter would fit into the slot where the front panel goes.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

That's the test socket.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Good, i can just plug my router and phone into that with a micro filter and if the issue stops because of that do i just need to get a replacement front cover or socket?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

If everything works with a microfilter in the test socket then it would point to a facetplate issue. It may be something as simple as the faceplate not being seated correctly in the beginning.

Message 9 of 11

@Matt13 If your hub works fine in test socket then there are two possible faults -

1. The front socket plate is faulty or

2.any extension socket  in hour house is faulty and causing  interference.

Note when you connect your hub in the test socket  (with a filter) the line is totally disconnected from any internal wiring. Test socket is the point which is directly connected to outside wire. So you can be sure that any internal wiring /socket within your house is causing interference or not. 

Message 10 of 11

Okay then i'll try and connect via the test socket and i'll update the post in 2-3 days with the results. 

Thank you both for your help 😊

0 Ratings