cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andysilve
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Router dropping internet connection and no landline?

I have ....thanks for your insiteful input 

0 Ratings
andysilve
Contributor
Message 12 of 25

Ok so had an openreach engineer out today.He tested the line and found a fault 170 metres from my house.Spent several hours finding the fault but repaired and tested the line before leaving,I cheched it too  a crisp clear dialing tone.2 hours later I attempt to use the phone and it's crackling again ,no dial tone,put it down and retry and get a siren type noise as if the phone has been left off the hook which it hadn't ,also noted bthub had disconnected from the net,10 minutes later line is clear again and hub reconnected  ??? Do I get back on to BT and organise another Openreach visit or is it likely to be something that will settle down....I think I probably know the answer just after confirmation 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

if ok now then wait and see if that cleared the line but if happens again then get engineer back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 25

Are you saying the line is now clear and your hub is connected and everything working as it should?

If that is the case I would leave things as they are to see how it goes. If it drops again you will need to report that the fault has not been repaired.

0 Ratings
andysilve
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

At this moment in time I have landline and internet yes ...slightly worrying that I lost both only 2 hours after the Openreach engineer had left ,seem strange that exactly the same  fault I originally had would re-occur then sort itself out 

0 Ratings
andysilve
Contributor
Message 16 of 25

I've lost landline and Broadband again so that's now twice it's gone since Openreach left at 4 pm ...I suppose I need a revisit ...deep joy another half day of sitting around waiting for an engineer to turn up when I should be working !!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

DanielS
Message 18 of 25

Hi @andysilve,

I'm sorry to hear that this has reoccurred. I've sent you a Private Message so we can look into it for you.

Thanks

DanielS

andysilve
Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Thanks I've just replied with the info you needed
PaddyB
Message 20 of 25

Hi @andysilve,

Thank you for sending in your details and for taking my call this morning.

I've had a look at the open fault and I can see that Openreach are due to work on the fault again today. Going by what was said on the fault report it does sound like it a high resistance fault on the line.

Please can you post back and let me know how things go with the engineer today?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings