cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Router outage

Hi, can anyone help me with this ….

Smart Hub router has been working well since 2017. Firmware update applied on 21 Dec, 2020 – version now is v0.11.01.10191-BT.

Since then I have had problems with the router.

• Windows comes up without the router. I ran Windows network diagnostic tool it said ‘could not fix the problem, it might need a different driver’. Sometimes it recovers the router after a few minutes, sometimes after windows restart. This happened around 5 times.
  • On another occasion the router restarted itself. The log indicates ‘System start button press (powerButton). This happened once.
  • An application running on my iphone ‘could not access the internet’. The log showed no interruption of service. This happened twice.

That’s around ten issues in the space of two weeks, after the router has been running well for three years, and after a firmware update..

(Not sure if its connected but I got a call from 01252-327178 ostensibly from BT openreach on the 22 December, 2020 which I declined on the assumption it was a scam.)

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Router outage

have you tried a factory reset by pressing recessed button on back and hold 20/30 secs until lights flash

remember turn off smart setup when hub restarts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Will anything be lost if i do factory reset.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

yes  it will take it back to factory default as it suggests  it may be the firm update did not update correctly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings