cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Router plugged in at a different location socket to where FTTP enters the house?

Go to solution

I am using TP Powerline adapters. Have three in total, Smart Hub plugged into one, TV/Digital box in another and then PC and printer in the third. Easy to set up and seen reliable.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Re: Router plugged in at a different location socket to where FTTP enters the house?

Go to solution

That is in your LAN, if connecting ONT to Hub, only 1 pair of Powerlines can be used as it will be the WAN that is being connected.

If connecting ONT to Hub using Powerlines, you can't then use them on the LAN as well.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Openreach are currently not doing any internal wiring runs ( Covid19 restrictions) . That is why I am using Powerline adapters. Fitting Ethernet cable myself would be a real pain, as the office on other side of house to fibre entry point.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

ONT connected to SH with short Ethernet cable. SH then connected to first Power Line adapter by Ethernet. The other two PLAs are in remote locations (office and living room) 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Update 

engineer wired a cable from my outside access point, around the outside of the house to the room I needed the router in. He then installed the modem/ONT (or whatever it’s called) in that room and I’m all set!!!

Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Result!!!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

That sounds great. You must have had an amenable engineer. Mine was a miserable b.......☹️