cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravenholm
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Router recommendations

Hello peeps, With BT basically washing their hands with online gaming support! Just have a read through the Fifa routing issues thread. I was after trying another router to see if it helps any while I wait on trading standards so I can cancel my BT contract without incurring further costs as at the moment BT's Infinity service is not fit for purpose.

So kind in the know people, I would like recommendations on which router I should buy...

Price I don't really care about within reason, I just want a really good one and would it be best to buy one with a built in modem so I can remove the open reach modem from the equation?

I would like one with minimal setup, so good upnp support, as I need an open NAT or type 2 NAT on my PS3, PS4, 2x 360's and Xbox one. Only 2 devices will be running at the same time. Don't want to be opening ports and DMZ'ing any time soon as my BT homehub 3 manages this at the moment fineish.

Good wireless range or at least on par with the homehubs, minimum of 4 Ethernet inputs.

Thanks in advance guys and girls. Ravenholm.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Seamie
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Router recommendations

I can't recommend a replacement for the openreach modem as I still use mine. They're a good modem once unlocked. You could have one of your consoles connected through it and have a nat type 1 which is best for gaming. A quick Google will give you an idea of what they can do.
0 Ratings
Ravenholm
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Router recommendations

No one with any recommendations? surely some people on the forum knows a bit about routers?
0 Ratings