cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jroadley
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Router reset daily, loss of internet access - usually same time each day.

Struggling with level 1 support so thought I'd take a go in here before contacting the CEO office.

Basically, we have BT Infinity - sync'd at 80/20 and works great.  However, everyday the HH6 resets, and we lose access to the internet - EVERYDAY

I've been asked to separate wifi networks, but it's nothing to do with that - the HH6 lights go orange and you can see in the HH6 logs, the uptime is back to 0.

Thinking it was the router, dugged out a ASUS VDSL router, TP-Link VDSL router and configured correctly to acess the BT VDSL network - and get the same restarts - usually same time each day.  Changed VDSL cables, turned off devices which could be messing with connection etc.  I've got £130 I'd even stuff in a Openreach engineer who can identify what the hell is going on with the line.

Please help me.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Router reset daily, loss of internet access - usually same time each day.

The same time each day and different routers would tend to point a local cause (eg central heating)  and may be difficult to pin down.

0 Ratings
jroadley
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

We have had HIVE central heating for years, and never been a issue in the past. What is also weird, from the time it does it (This evening around

From the logs:
18:51:15, 22 May.

:Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

18:51:10, 22 May.

BR_LAN:The LAN DHCPv6 Server is active

18:51:09, 22 May.

BR_LAN:LAN Router Advertisement Setting Updated : M_flag = 0, O_flag = 1

ppp1:The DYN ROUTE [81.139.57.100/32 gw ] is deleted

ppp1:The DYN ROUTE [81.139.56.100/32 gw ] is deleted

BR_LAN:The LAN DHCPv6 Server is inactive

18:51:08, 22 May.

BR_LAN:LAN Router Advertisement Setting Updated : M_flag = 0, O_flag = 1

ppp1:The WAN DHCPv6 Client Process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you are dropping connection about the same time daily the I agree with @pippincp  that it points to something switching on/off in your home or close by causing interference. Finding the cause could be difficult

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings