cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
devoursoul
Message 1 of 9

Routing Issue

Hi, since Sunday May 8th I have been having some problems with my internet. MY friends have said that my skyple calls have sounded robotic and in online games I have been lagging or in some cases just not been able to connect to them. I contacted Riot Games support to try and help find the source of the problem and help me fix it. After sending them several logs and different piece of information they have concluded that the problem is a routing issue. They said to contact my ISP to get this resolved.

If you require the logs I sent them I can give them to you I'm just a little hesitant to post them on here since they may contain my IP address.

Thanks, any helpw ould be appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Routing Issue

If they're traceroutes then they won't identify your IP address.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
devoursoul
Message 3 of 9

Here are two Traceroutes I did for them:Tracert 95.172.65.154.pngTracert 162.249.72.1.png

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 9

2016-05-13 02_15_25-original (PNG Image, 1920 × 1080 pixels) - Scaled (66%).pngTypical. You're tracert's clearly show the problem starts at Riot games.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Once the trace is beyond the last bt.net hop, the data is out onto the internet which is not part of BT's network. As a result, there's no fault with the BT network, and as such, BT have nothing to investigate.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

I think it depends which traceroute you look at.

Agreed that the first one looks very poor at the ae-32 hop with response times up to 841ms. That said, the second trace shows response times of over 200ms to the Home Hub.

Are you doing this test over a Wifi connection?

Regards

0 Ratings
devoursoul
Message 7 of 9

Yes it is a Wifi connection. Never had problems with it before. Also the problem is affecting my Skype aswell, friends can't undstand what I am saying since it is so borken up.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Try it with a wired connection. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen it work fine previously on wireless then problems all of a sudden.
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Agreed that wired is best, and that it'll also prove the point.

As Webby points out, wireless can change all of a sudden.... interference from other WiFi, microwaves, bluetooth etc. For WiFi you could install a program called inSSIDer to check what other WiFi there is around you and whether there's any interference from them using the same channels.

Regards