cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Rabbit51
Contributor
Message 31 of 59

Re: Routing problems / Cardiff

Well here we are.... on the 26th. Anyone noticed any improvement? I haven't 😞  Karen

0 Ratings
Highlighted
markyd91
Contributor
Message 32 of 59

Karen

No still the same. I have called BT and they are sending another engineer out. This is an absolute joke. BT are a joke.

He is coming on Friday, I have tried to explain to them in regards to the the fault 3302 with BT Wholesale and that's falling on deaf ears.

Please do yourself a favour and do what I am about to do. Call the complaints line.
0 Ratings
Rabbit51
Contributor
Message 33 of 59

Hi Markyd91

Gosh... call the help line again?! The last time I lost an hour and a half of my life with absolutely no result. I do believe that some of these dates and promises are given to us to put off the inevitability of us calling back.

I am glad that I have any internet service at all - obviously it is worse to have no access at all but still - it's not right for us to pay for a service that we're obviously not getting! I will keep you appraised of whatever transpires - please would you do the same? It would be useful to compare notes πŸ™‚

Cheers, Karen

0 Ratings
markyd91
Contributor
Message 34 of 59

Hi Karen.

Yes I lost about 2 hours myself yesterday on the phone. I eventually got put through to a manager at the complaints team as the normal fault line are useless. I have informed them to look at the notes and that they need to send an engineer to the exchange and not my house as many are effected.

I am getting a call back from the same manager this evening so hopefully I will have more for you then.

Mark.
0 Ratings
Rabbit51
Contributor
Message 35 of 59

Hi Mark

Oh well.... good luck with it and please let me know. In any event, do you have a reference/incident number that I could quote too? Also, which BT number did you go through to talk to the manager in the complaints team?

Cheers

Karen

0 Ratings
markyd91
Contributor
Message 36 of 59

Karen

Engineer has been this morning and again cannot fault the engineers they have all been good. He spent about an hour doing the same tests and talking to various people on the phone. He was just around the corner yesterday because someone has got the exact same problem.

They believe that the first problem in the exchange has been fixed but they have found another fault on the OpenReach network in the cabinet round the corner. The fault is a faulty VDSL card in the DSAM. He believes once this is replaced everything should go back to normal. He reported this to his second line support and they should send out a PTO engineer to replace the faulty card very soon. The fault ref is: 3308

He asked me to Keep an eye on the speed and it should go back to normal as soon as the card is replaced. (He could not give a timeframe) but did insist its a quick job for the PTO engineer to carry out. I will keep an eye on it and if there is no improvement by Wednesday next week I'll call them again.

To get through to a manager at the complaints I called the customer services, stated complaints when asked and then spoke to a lady. I explained my issue and then asked her if I could speak to her manager as this problem is a joke and I don't think BT's right arm knows what's it's left arm was doing. She put me through to a manager but I did have to wait 30 minutes.

I suggest you call them again and hopefully they will get the PTO engineer to fix the VDSL card in the DSAM ASAP.

Mark.
0 Ratings
Rabbit51
Contributor
Message 37 of 59

Hi Mark

Many thanks for letting me know. I'm afraid that i have no idea what a 'faulty VDSL card in the DSAM' means but it doesn't sound good πŸ™‚  My only concern is the possibility that your cabinet may have a different problem from my cabinet (at the end of Station Road in Llandaff North). I checked my download speed - still hoofing along at 2.5Mbps! My landline phone has been off the charger for ages (we never use it) but I'll put it to charge and then later have another go at BT. I'll try and refer them to your fault number and see if that gets me anywhere. I'l let you know if I make any headway and please let me know if you have any speed increase.  Thanks again...

Cheers, Karen 

0 Ratings
markyd91
Contributor
Message 38 of 59

Karen,

That's the same cabinet I am on. I think the DSAM refers to the green cabinet and the VDSL is a card that sits inside it that connects 2 parts of the network.

Mark
0 Ratings
Rabbit51
Contributor
Message 39 of 59

Hi

Well, that's good news at least - if your problem will be solved, so will mine πŸ™‚  I walked up to Whitchurch earlier and I did see a BT van so there's hope yet!

Karen

0 Ratings
Rabbit51
Contributor
Message 40 of 59

Mark (and any other interestested party)

I had a call from BT in response to a written complaint that I made. I was asked to take all peripherals off WiFi and then do a speedtest. My upload speed is now kaput (0.1Mbps) and download (2.4Mbps). It was quite funny when the system was too slow to complete the Speestest in under 10 minutes πŸ™‚ I quoted all the reference numbers from previous posts here and the history from this thread; I was told that they would call back tomorrow (!) but that the issue would be 'escalated' in the meantime. I don't think we're at DEFCON1 yet though 😞 

Interestingly, the caller said something to the effect that if they only had a few complaints they didn't really do much about it (they would fix it in due course but not in any great hurry). If they had enough complaints though they would declare an 'outage' and someone would be despatched pronto Tonto to repair the fault. I was a bit incredulous but she did confirm that policy. 

So... not sure I've made any progress really. I was threatened with an engineer although she acknowledged that it wasn't (thankfully) a problem with my set-up but with the network. That made me feel a whole lot better (but no quicker).

Anyone else have anything useful to report?

Cheers

Karen 

0 Ratings