cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oranj
Beginner
Message 21 of 59

Re: Routing problems / Cardiff

this isnt a dns problem, so using google's dns or anyone elses dns wont do anything (it was the first thing I tried).

seems to be the very first backhaul router, so it could be exchange equipment or something upstream from that, but judging by where everyone is having problems, its the SWWXC exchange. This needs escalation asap!

0 Ratings
Phrazer99
Message 22 of 59

Ye sounds like its the same problem that im getting as well, I live in Cathays and have been having major problems for a good few days now. My internet wont return a speedtest above 3mps (We usually get 70 odd) and fades in and out all the time making downloading and streaming virtually impossible.

Ill give BT a ring after work this afternoon, hopefully the more complaints they have the better.

Also... woohoo... first post!! \o/

0 Ratings
Rabbit51
Contributor
Message 23 of 59

Hi

As I have said elsewhere, I live in Llandaff North. Our Infinity 'box' is in Station Road, a few hundred yeards away. I have looked it up... it's code is SWLJZ. I am assuming that we have the same problem as Whitchurch, just up the road. Does anyone know what is happening or have any response from BT?  I can't call them myself today because I'm not at home.

Like you Phrazer99, my download speed is <3Mbps (2.7!) so things are really slow, although upload is much faster. 

0 Ratings
Garthy
Contributor
Message 24 of 59

mine seems to be back today - anyone else sorted?

0 Ratings
Rabbit51
Contributor
Message 25 of 59

I just tested the system after power cycling the modem and Hub. No change. Download speed is 2.74Mbps 😞  I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and find a BT telephone number to ring and spend the rest of the evening chatting to someone far away. Joy.

0 Ratings
Garthy
Contributor
Message 26 of 59

good luck, I hope you get it sorted.

0 Ratings
prt32
Contributor
Message 27 of 59

I am in Llanishen, and see no issues with speed or connection at all
0 Ratings
Phrazer99
Message 28 of 59

Rite mine did come back last night, an hour or so after talking with BT... coincidence?? Hummmm.....

Speedtested a few times over the course of the evening and averaged ~60mps which is great, upload was good as well so as far as I can tell im back up and running. Not buying the timing though... maybe im just being a bit synical...

0 Ratings
markyd91
Contributor
Message 29 of 59

Hello all, same here since last week. I have another thread on here. I'm in landfall north in Gabalfa. I have had 2 engineer visits and the fault has now been located in the exchange.

Fault ref no for this problem that is now with bt wholesale 2nd line is: 3308

I am getting a call back today in regards to timescale to get it fixed. The engineer mentioned something about a faulty drop down in the exchange that was effecting throughput for users on three cabinets in the area.
0 Ratings
markyd91
Contributor
Message 30 of 59

An update on this. I had a call back from customer services saying the fault is bigger than first anticipated. They think it should be fixed by the 26th..

Ouch.
0 Ratings