cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tintac
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Rural location my neighbour can get 330 Mbps some others 100 Mbps. I can get 6.10Mbps.

Go to solution

About 2 kms from cabinet. I pay over the top to BT for fttc and can only get up to 7Mbps. Contracters have been laying fibre cable past my house and through the village. Some poles have non requested fibre box. Told by  BT that because of the location of the cab my speed is right so I have accepted this. Now people in the village have been connected to the pole boxes fo a £60 fee and now get 100 Mbps. The guy up from me gets 330 Mbps but I think he has fttp + fod. There is a ug box outside my house and the main pole opposite, no fibre box. Anyone know why I cannot get the super fast fibre broadband when others can? The fibre cable is routed from the cabinet past my house and onto the rest of the village. BT has told me that I am looking at 2 years before I can increase my speed, nothing make sense to me.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Rural location my neighbour can get 330 Mbps some others 100 Mbps. I can get 6.10Mbps.

Go to solution

what choices do you get if you enter your phone number  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
tintac
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Rural location my neighbour can get 330 Mbps some others 100 Mbps. I can get 6.10Mbps.

Go to solution

Get 35Mbps but when I go through to process to upgrade I end up with 7 Mbps only. The people in the village were getting 1 Mbps so I thought putting a fibre cable in would give them the same speed as me but 100Mbps what’s that all about?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Without seeing the checker results asked for we cannot help you further
0 Ratings
tintac
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Every time I try to get details it says my details not recognised. Far as I can see if your pole has been modified for fibre you may get fibre to properly. Openreach engineer I spoke to says he cannot understand why only some poles have been done. Have given up trying to find a solution and looks like  I am stuck with Fttc . Thanks anyway.

0 Ratings