cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drew5920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 48

SLOW SPEEDS

Today i have had the openreach Engineer out for the third time the two engineers i found out today did a DMC that boots the speed to max then it calms down and that is when i get the speed i did not pay for i was told that i am 780 meters away from the box i am on infinity 2 and the estimated speeds should be between 47-66 when i came back to BT i was told 50 mbs i am not getting what i have paid for so after the poor engineer left i got in contact with BT after checking on openreach website and found Merton park exchange was accepting orders for FTTC and FOD when i asked for FOD i was told sorry but keep checking i then looked at the government as i know that BT 2017 90%of the UK should have fast broadband this a EU directive And one from our government link below

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/superfast-broadband-reaches-1-million-homes-and-businesses-across...

i have now got in contact with my MP as openreach are the custodians of the line and this now needs to be addressed

plaese can anyone help me with furthering this as a complaint has gone to BT and i do not want to change again as i have been through enough with a different ISP

Thanks

Andrews

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 48

Re: SLOW SPEEDS

Can I point out that the government regard 20Mb/s + as superfast (I think). Personally I think that super fast should be above 100Mb/s but it is the UK!
0 Ratings
Drew5920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 48

I do agree but i must say that the BT engineers that have came out to me have been great. But i am the same as you we should be getting 100-150mbs or more in this day and age

Spoiler

Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 48

Out of interest what are/would you be doing that requires 100-150Mbps that you can not do with the speeds that you are presently estimated to get.

0 Ratings
Drew5920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 48

As I am a gamer and down load games it would take less time down loaded a game two night ago at 24mbs and it took three hours and that was at 1am would you find that acceptable as I was very disappointed I enjoy being with BT and have found the customer service is much improved 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 48

Without knowing the size of the file you were downloading and the speed of the server that you are getting the file from it is impossible to say if that was acceptable.

0 Ratings
Drew5920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 48

4.2GB I was shattered when it finished that is why I am saying that fibre to the property is urgent and would beat Virgin 😔
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 48

@Drew5920 wrote:
4.2GB I was shattered when it finished that is why I am saying that fibre to the property is urgent and would beat Virgin 😔

On what do you base that assertion?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 48

As a rough guide that should have taken about 30/40 minutes on a 24Mbps connection. It could be that the site you were getting the file from was not supplying it at a good speed. Some sites allow you to select how fast it is delivered so it may be worth checking on that site.

0 Ratings
Drew5920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 48

Have done that already it was the EA on the Xbox when the engineer done a dmc and got me to 61mbs it would not have taken that long this is what I am saying if they do a DMC and you get 61mbs for a good month they why can't they keep that speed for good and not for the short time 😞

0 Ratings