cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 31 of 48

Re: SLOW SPEEDS

If the OP wants it and is prepared to pay for it, why not? It might just give him an insight into what bandwidth costs.

If gaming means that much to him then he would be better off with a business connection (better SLA) and FTTPoD.

That is what I was trying to convey earlier, speed comes at a cost and most ISP customers are just not interested. The OP seemed to miss the point though.

@Drew5920 wrote:

Yes I would pay that to get those speeds and quality of the line and as off 2014 1400£plus 20%vat I would say that is money well spent 

Then go for it, you would need to be a business custromer to get it but as said above the SLA is better.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 48

If you are willing to pay for those speeds perhaps you should look into BT's Fibre to the Premises on Demand package once they start selling it again.

You will get speeds up to 330Mbps and it will only cost you £99 per month for the first three years with a one off connection charge of £750 and a distance based charge of £3.50 per meter for your line.

The usual average installation charge works out at between £1100 and £2500.

As you have said you would pay to get those speeds you should contact BT and ask to be put on the list for it as soon as it becomes available.

The full price list is here.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0WyIM7tTGGguc...

Please let us know when you have it installed and how good it is and what the installation cost etc was so that other who want it will have some sort of guide.

0 Ratings
Drew5920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 48

Thank you for that as you people are ready to lay back and just take what you are given that is down to you but my internet is not just for my gaming that is a small part and as you jumped on the band wagon and not given any constructive please keep you opinion to yourself . You so call guru should be ashamed as you have not put any constructive forward you are now what a typical British person is lay back and take it and not to fight for it 😔
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 48

How do you know the nationality of any person on this forum. Do you have special powers that tell you this?

You have been given constructive advice, it is no ones fault if it is advice that you don't want hear.

The vast majority of people do not want t pay for a fast Internet connection. If they did why are so many people coming onto this forum to complain about the couple of pound increase that BT have implemented. Why do people always look around for the cheapest broadband package.

If you want faster broadband speeds you will have to accept that you wll need to pay substantially more.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 48

I would add to GG's post many neither need or want high speeds and also many could not afford it even if it was available as there household incomes are already stretched to a maximum you obviously have money to burn
0 Ratings
Drew5920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 48

John 46 no I do not have money to burn but I do believe that is this day and age speed should be better but as you are one of these who sits back and takes it and you roll over and go belly up keep your comments to yourself in the UK I believe every house should have a GOOD STABLE internet speed you do not
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 48

no i agree good stable speeds should be available to all and that is currently being carried out if you carry out the research adsl speeds up to 20Mb
FTTC up to 78Mb
and FTTP up to 300Mb
also trials are being carried out on Gb fibre in selected Uk areas
0 Ratings
Drew5920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 48

Did you not read my reply as yes I would pay more you sir don't understand what I am saying as you a closed mind I have done all what has been said before joining this group but if you are ment to be the best of the best then you need to look at yourself
0 Ratings
Drew5920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 48

Thank you John46 that is why I said I would pay more so it can be put back in to the network I am not just thinking of myself but I do think of outher people
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 48

so does everyone else think of others and the choice of what they use is down to the individual
just remember one thing not every server can handle the speeds you are referring to and they limit downloads to give everyone an even chance to download
0 Ratings