cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: SNR Margin changes caused my line down rate to reduce by almost half.

Go to solution
@Rob-Sharpe wrote:

I hope this manages to clear up my problem. It clearly shows that ADSL is much faster than VDSL. I think that BT have made a mistake in changing me to VDSL?

Agreed, they should not have changed you to VDSL, you need to revert back to ADSL. The observed speed shows that very clearly.

What speed did they say you would get on VDSL, was it faster than what you were getting on ADSL?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Please can you edit out your phone number as this is a public forum

I agree you appear to get better speed on adsl2 and but as you are on Huawei cab you should get a speed boost when DLM activates G.INP which can take a few weeks stable connection. If still not as fast then move back to adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

The OP may not have the option to move back if the change is due to the BT policy of switching adsl to fibre.

0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Have edited number as requested.

Thanks for the view on the use of the new feature in the network.

I am happy to give it time to settle down and see what develops. 

It's a pity the the BT help desk is unable to provide this useful insight into the way their network works.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

What average  speed did BT promise, because if you cannot get that, then you are entitled to a free  engineer visit to fix the problem.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Master-socket/m-p/1747188#M54967

If they cannot fix it, then you should be allowed to return to your original connection, or given the option to cancel.

0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution
I have raised this problem with BT and hope it provokes them into installing an FFTC cabinet nearer to my home as they are now failing to deliver a service that meets the OFCOM's minimum standard of 10Mbps.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Installing new FTTC cabs has pretty much finished as Openreach are now concentrating on full fibre FTTP connections.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

@Rob-Sharpe 

Your current speed is 9.98mb and will probably improve when G.INP activates so you will have your 10mb and alternatively you can get adsl with 10mb + so openreach are providing the required speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings