cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

SNR and Maximum Speed

I have noticed that even within a single day, the SNR can vary quite a lot. For example I could see a reading of 3.1/3.6 at one time of the day and then later see (as it is at the moment) 2.2/2.8. Would it be normal to see that sort of variation and what, if anything, should I read into it. Similarly, the maximum data speed shown in the Technical Log can vary throughout the day between 105Mbps and 110Mbps, although a month ago it was 134Mbps.

Does this mean anything to anybody as it is well past my expertise to interpret it?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: SNR and Maximum Speed

Just normal fluctuations in your line and as long as your connection does not drop then there is no problem.  It is not affecting your actual connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for that. No, I haven't been getting disconnections since a firmware update to version v0.21.03.07094-BT  on 14th October. Before then I was getting disconnections every couple of days.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

As long as connection remains stable then I would not bother about the fluctuations

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings