cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 39

Re: SNR like a roller-coaster ? - help

You have to look at speed and snrm together, you can't look at them in isolation. Assuming your speed remains constant, a higher snrm means your line has improved and speed could be higher. If the speed increases, your snrm will lower commensurately.

I.e speed and snrm are inversely proportional

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 39

Given that, from my stats/graphs, i have to assume that 12.1 SNR is "good"

SNR 12.1.png

and 7.8 SNR ..is bad... ?

SNR 7.8.png

....since the Attainable value is higher, correct ?

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 39

Correct

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 39

just updated the custom firmware on my Zyxel , which updates the modem from x1 to x6 - later adsl_phy.bin

Sync is much better and both SNR#s are sitting around 6.2db

i have a funny feeling the old firmware was possibly showing SNRM as "inverted" on the graph/stats ?

this does look better though;

sync.png

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 39

That looks better

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 39

all my interference issues were resolved after getting rid of the cheap Chinese LED drivers, and replacing them with a "properly" Made in Taiwan LED Driver, namely a... Mean Well HLG-120H-12 LED Driver. Expensive, but 100% bulletproof when it comes to producing absolute zero RFI/EMI.... all is good now with my Broadband. 

MEAN-WELL-HLG-120 (Small).png

conn speed.png

SNRM.png

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 39

Glad to hear you found what was causing the issues.

Were the led drivers close to the wiring or the modem? And did they cause interference when switching the leds on or off or when leds on or off or all the time?

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 39

it made no difference where I put the first type of Unbranded Chinese drivers. the very fact they were connected to the mains at all, caused the RFI/EMI.

Only when I replaced them with the Mean Well 120w driver, did it get resolved.

One of my earlier posts illustrates what was happening to the modem/line once the drivers powered up....(see graph below).

Dear knows what other problems they were causing... 

Given that I bought them from Aliexpress, it was no surprise really they caused hassle....

I can't praise the Mean Well driver brand enough. Not the slightest bit of interference from them. Well worth the extra £'s.

ON&OFF.png

Message 39 of 39

A classic example of how things inside the home can effect your connection. Kudos to you for tracking it down.

0 Ratings